IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
AMOLAD is a heck of a strong album indeed.

Definitely, it should've retained The Longest Day as well, imo.

Haven't voted for any AMOLAD songs except Out of the Shadows and Different World so far. (The Pilgrim went out one round prior to where I'd vote it out)

Voting to promote Rainmaker, Dance of Death, and Paschendale. Probably the strongest three, although I also really enjoy Montsegur.
I probably won’t touch anything from AMOLAD until at least the 80s. All albums until then have three clear promotable songs.

So what are the rules for elimination? Is it always the top 5? Because there was a big jump from 28 votes down to 16 votes. Like....a huge jump.
It's Top 5 in all cases, except:

1. When there's less than 15 songs, during album rounds; if there's 14/13/12, then 4/3/2 are out.
  2. When one of the songs that should be eliminated is one of the last 3 remaining songs from an album; then that song gets promoted, and another song doesn't take its place.
  3. In case of ties in Top 5; if the standings for elimination are like this, or similar:
  • 1. Song X - 15 votes
  • 2. Song X - 14 votes
  • 3. Song X - 13 votes
  • 4. Song X - 13 votes
  • 5. Song X - 13 votes
  • 6. Song X - 13 votes -> in this case, only the Top 2 songs are eliminated.

Voting for Montsegur, Journeyman and GASP Dance of Death!

It’s a great song but for some reason whenever I listen to it my opinion waivers. It feels too lame, too silly, too twee...I don’t know. Some of the lyrics are just a bit childish and the sing-song melodies eventually bug me.

I find No More Lies to be more emotional, powerful, and darker, so I’d vote for that to advance.

EDIT: @Night Prowler - I also meant to vote for Breeg, can you change that for me?

New set:
FTGGOG - it's very lengthy, and I much prefer what The Legacy and BTATS achieve with similar size, and Breeg is probably my favoutite. TCDR is sweeter and I'd vote for Lord of Light for its awkwardness but it was at least my favourite once..

Rainmaker
Montsegur
Journeyman (which I wanted to vote last round)
Mostly to save No More Lies, I came in without much knowledge on who I want to get 3rd place but NML took me like a storm.

No More Lies is a great Steve Harris song, with drama, power and melody.
Its too bad so many on here tend to focus on some of Steve’s songwriting signatures as negative attributes.
No More Lies was an early favourite for me as a Maiden fan, but in this company it loses out along with the others I voted for.

Back