Iron Maiden Picture Game

Well, "prodigal" means neither "wayward" nor "stray", but rather "lavishly spending, extravagant". Which was the meaning in the original story, too. And sure, dictionaries started to list the meaning of "prodigal son" as someone who "returns" (plausible, with regards to the parable) or even just "left" (which is really pushing it too far), but even with that in mind, it's surely been overused and misused very often, so I feel entitled to express a bit of scoff :p IRYCoP (I Respect Your Choice of Picture), though.

The missing brother is not the reason the answer is Prodigal Son, but you are correct! :ok:
Ugh, Cried, you sound like my math teacher: "The answer is correct, but not the way you got to it. Sorry, I cannot give you full marks."

I will pass. Too busy watching the Mr Mercedes finale. Oh, just don't let Diesel take over.

Ugh, Cried, you sound like my math teacher: "The answer is correct, but not the way you got to it. Sorry, I cannot give you full marks."
Cried does not give you full marks.
Well, "prodigal" means neither "wayward" nor "stray", but rather "lavishly spending, extravagant". Which was the meaning in the original story, too. And sure, dictionaries started to list the meaning of "prodigal son" as someone who "returns" (plausible, with regards to the parable) or even just "left" (which is really pushing it too far), but even with that in mind, it's surely been overused and misused very often, so I feel entitled to express a bit of scoff :p IRYCoP (I Respect Your Choice of Picture), though.
The Parable of the Prodigal Son is about two brothers & is sometimes referred to as such.

Last edited:
Back