Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

“Because the thing is about Bruce Dickinson, he’s hugely successful. He’s got a great fan base, a great fan base that have been loyal. The band are great guys. All the band are great. And they do great. You know, they’re a great band, you can’t take it away, and neither would I take that away from them. But the thing about Bruce is, he is unknown to the public. Bruce Dickinson could walk into anywhere and nobody would know who the fuck he is. Do you know what I’m saying?

“He’s a faceless singer to the general public. People aren’t scrambling to get him for an interview. And the thing is, he’s not interesting. But the thing is, Ozzy is original and Bruce isn’t and that’s what eats Bruce away.”

So, Sharon says that Being a great musician = Fame.
^ These comments are not serious. He is one of the most famous faces in metal! Bruce will always be a better singer/songwriter/frontman than Ozzy will ever be. I think they envy Bruce for everything. And he has the same job as Ozzy, why envy him? There is no logic. This concert in 2005 will remain a shame for Ozzy's crew and a brave and proud ''battle'' on stage for Maiden! There were other ways to answer Bruce.
Recently uploaded.

Great and hard work! Thanks for sharing. I wish it was the full concert. NPFTD tour will be remembered as the tour with great performances from every band member. Better than FOTD tour imo. Too bad we don't have official footage from this tour... History Pt. 4 DVD?

Last edited:
^ These comments are not serious. Bruce will always be a better singer/songwriter/frontman than Ozzy will ever be. I think they envy Bruce for everything. This concert in 2005 will remain a shame for Ozzy's crew and a brave and proud ''battle'' on stage for Maiden! There were other ways to answer Bruce.
Oh, they are. As serious as they can be. Remember, Sharon made Ozzy do a reality show.

I remember my sister telling me about it, she said " there's a very funny scene were Ozzy is discussing a ridiculous coat he has to wear with the make up artist". I then saw the scene later, and the guy my sister thought was the make up artist was Zakk Wylde:lol:

Does anyone have any actual quotes from Bruce on that tour?

I could not find any referring explictly to Ozzy back in the day.

As far as I remember, this is what happened (narration built based on comments from contacts close to the Maiden camp). You should be able to find reviews from Black Sabbath fans at www.black-sabbath.com

First show: Maiden went down a storm and stole the show. Bruce said on stage that Maiden were not one of those bands that just kept doing reunions without putting out any new albums.
Second show: Maiden experience some sound problems, with no PA on the first song. The Maiden camp suspect their sound has been sabotaged (no pun intended) after being better received than the headline band.

At some point during the tour, Bruce criticises reality TV.

Final show: Iron Maiden get their show severely disrupted. According to a photographer working at that event, after the show there is some shouting backstage (Steve not being pleased with Bruce). I asked a photographer who used to be very close to the band and who was present that day whether there was any truth in those reports, and his response was that he could not possibly comment on that.

The rest, as they say, is history (of Iron Maiden).

My memory from the time, and backed up by a few bootlegs, was that Bruce had made some snarky comments but they were ambiguous enough that they weren't necessarily referring to Ozzy, although that new albums comment you mention certainly seems a go at Sabbath. I think it was a case of Ozzy and camp thinking that the "cap fits" rather than it being Bruce specifically having a go at Ozzy, it was the sort of shit he said all the time back then not aimed at anyone in particular.

He certainly made some comments about the corporate aspect of the show, with real fans getting the shit seats, but he did that at Maiden's own tours as well.

I could not find any referring explictly to Ozzy back in the day.

As far as I remember, this is what happened (narration built based on comments from contacts close to the Maiden camp). You should be able to find reviews from Black Sabbath fans at www.black-sabbath.com

First show: Maiden went down a storm and stole the show. Bruce said on stage that Maiden were not one of those bands that just kept doing reunions without putting out any new albums.
Second show: Maiden experience some sound problems, with no PA on the first song. The Maiden camp suspect their sound has been sabotaged (no pun intended) after being better received than the headline band.

At some point during the tour, Bruce criticises reality TV.

Final show: Iron Maiden get their show severely disrupted. According to a photographer working at that event, after the show there is some shouting backstage (Steve not being pleased with Bruce). I asked a photographer who used to be very close to the band and who was present that day whether there was any truth in those reports, and his response was that he could not possibly comment on that.

The rest, as they say, is history (of Iron Maiden).

Interesting stuff! I had actually suspected that Maiden blowing Sabbath off the stage night after night might have been an aggravating factor, because with all due respect to Ozzy and Sabbath, there can't have been much competition between them and a fired up '05 era Maiden.

Interesting stuff! I had actually suspected that Maiden blowing Sabbath off the stage night after night might have been an aggravating factor, because with all due respect to Ozzy and Sabbath, there can't have been much competition between them and a fired up '05 era Maiden.

If I recall correctly Ozzy didn't even play half the time

I think it had a huge effect on Maiden in the states. AMOLAD was their highest charting album in years. A lot of young American fans who may not have been aware of Maiden got to see them mop the floor with the competition

It definitely did them well in the USA, even if Bruce was left with egg on his face.

Last edited:
If I recall correctly Ozzy didn't even play half the time

There was 1 cancelled gig and 3 other shows where Sabbath did not perform because Ozzy was sick.

If I remember correctly, Iron Maiden were not allowed to play their full European setlist on those 3 gigs they ended up headlining.

Back