Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I think the 2010 leg of TFF tour is the closest we will ever get to this kind of setlist, sadly. They omitted a whole year (a few months, ok)/leg from the album tour for that - the year of the album release... Big decision! But I can't see the greatest hits being dropped for a whole setlist ever.
I'd love a setlist with only reunion era songs too.

Let's look on the bright side though - Maiden always play most of the songs from their new albums (unlike other bands). ;)
I remember that show, it was my first ever Maiden concert, despite being a fan since 1988. And it was a fantastic set list!

I was at the D.C. show (well, Bristow VA) and the crowd were absolutely into it. One of my favorite memories from that show was that several nearby restaurants were populated with Maiden fans afterwards. There was at one point a video on YouTube (I can’t find it) where IHOP was taken over by Maiden fans and the staff were super not happy about it.

Bruce: ''The plan we've got — it's not really a secret; I think everybody else has chatted about it — we will, I hope, we've talked about doing the entire album start to finish, but not this time around''.

I think we can now say that this is a serious thought. I personally would love it, since the album is great. The only downside is that there will be less room for old classics. If they play it not in the order of the album, it will also work quite well, methinks.

Bruce also mentioned playing smaller venues for that tour. By smaller he probably means mid-sized arenas and amphitheatres(5,000 to 12,000) and not theatres or other venues under 5k.

It's Maiden. Arenas are small venues for them. Unless they go retro and book a theatre tour like they did in the 80's.

Yeah I mean instead of 40 thousand La Defence in Paris, they will "only" book 20 thousand Bercy. They'll probably still do the 02 in London as well.

Just for all to realise. We are talking about a band with 17 albums in, 40 years+ of discography, musicians at their late 60s and a band with pretty huge appeal globally and to their genre.

To play an entire album of 80 minutes at this stage and magnitude it's pretty much unprecedented. No Rolling Stones, U2, Metallica you name it has done such a thing. Don't know about Rush, but it could be really unprecedented.

We are talking huge kudos here. Actually and only the fact that they mention it, they're my heroes already!

I reckon they'll book smaller venues but if they sell out they will move the gigs back to the usual venues.
The only issue with that is not only die hard fans will buy tickets for the 'Senjitsu in its entirety' gigs. People will just buy a ticket if its got Iron Maiden on it. They wont read the small print and will then moan when they don't hear as many classics and die hard fans will struggle to get tickets in smaller venues.

Reactions: Jer
Yep loads of reunion songs are missing out on becoming classic by not getting played on subsequent tours. All the songs that have been played a few times have become classics, Wicker Man, BNW and DOD.

Except Iron Maiden must be played.
^ This. Although for me some of the songs (played live or not) will be classics no matter what. And ''Iron Maiden'' is mandatory, ofc.
And it was a fantastic set list!
Great setlist indeed.
Bruce also mentioned playing smaller venues for that tour. By smaller he probably means mid-sized arenas and amphitheatres(5,000 to 12,000) and not theatres or other venues under 5k.
Yeah. What were the venues for the AMOLAD tour in 2006 when they played the whole album? Of a similar scale or? Most probably, I guess.

The only issue with that is not only die hard fans will buy tickets for the 'Senjitsu in its entirety' gigs. People will just buy a ticket if its got Iron Maiden on it. They wont read the small print and will then moan when they don't hear as many classics and die hard fans will struggle to get tickets in smaller venues.
I'm in the opposite boat. I bought tickets thinking it was a Senjutsu tour, and only later realized (after reading here) that it was a continuation of LotB tour. Guess I'll just have to go to both.

But to be perfectly honest I am more excited about the Senjutsu tour. That album is now tied my decades-long preference for Somewhere in Time as my favorite IM album.

They sold out three nights at Globe Arena in Stockholm. 15k capacity.
Also Scandinavium in Gothenburg so sales in Sweden were phenomenal for that tour, as always.

In Norway they played Valhall in Oslo, (roughly 12k) and Vestlandshallen in Bergen (maybe 8-10k).

Finland got three shows. Hartwall Arena twice and Icehall in Tampere.

Back