Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Senjutsu

No 1 Metal Album of 2021 (Rollingstone)
=====================
NO 1 Metal and Hard Rock Albums of 2021 (Consequence)
=====================
NO 2 Top 10 Hard Rock and Metal Albums of 2021 (Ultimateclassicrock)
=====================
NO 3 Best Guitar Albums of 2021 (Guitarworld)
=====================
NO 3 Best Albums of 2021 (Metal Hammer critic poll)
https://www.loudersound.com/news/metal-hammer-name-gojiras-fortitude-album-of-the-year
=====================
NO 4 Best Albums of 2021 (Discogs)
=====================
NO 13 Writer's Top 20 albums of 2021 (Prog Magazine)

Bruce: ''I’ve seen the drawings, I’ve seen the pictures,” the singer reveals. “I haven’t seen it actually up yet, but it’s actually going to happen! My guess is sometime in April or something that we will start dragging the set out and putting it back together. And obviously we still have all the Legacy things that we are going to be doing on the tour as well. It’s all going to happen''.

The question was about the stage set of the album tour, but from Bruce's answer it seems he was talking about the Senjutsu world in this year's LOTB tour. Am I wrong?

Bruce: ''The plan we've got — it's not really a secret; I think everybody else has chatted about it — we will, I hope, we've talked about doing the entire album start to finish, but not this time around''.

I think we can now say that this is a serious thought. I personally would love it, since the album is great. The only downside is that there will be less room for old classics. If they play it not in the order of the album, it will also work quite well, methinks.

I always approve of this even if it's a worst album ever.

1) Live rendition of song is either slightly different or straight up better
2) They will play your favourite songs.

Less room for old deep cuts would be the correct expression
That's what I had in mind, yes. :ok:
2) They will play your favourite songs.
Yep. And it's a big bonus if the whole album is great and you have many favorites - AMOLAD is a perfect example of that. But not only the favorite songs, I always wonder how every song from an album will sound live, even my least favorites.

Yep. And it's a big bonus if the whole album is great and you have many favorites - AMOLAD is a perfect example of that. But not only the favorite songs, I always wonder how every song from an album will sound live, even my least favorites.
My thoughts. I never listen to Two Minutes to Midnight, Revelations or Flight of Icarus, I find quite boring on record, but I've had fun each time I've them live. Maybe I will not fall asleep during The Darkest Hour, and I'm quite sure I will like The Writings on the Wall.

^A reunion-only setlist has been my dream and the dream of many people here, I’m sure.

This would be the thrill of a lifetime but they either haven’t realized how intensively hard core fans love this era, or simply they don’t think it’s worthy, logistics & income-wise.

If they are doing all of Senjutsu live, I'd also like them to only play reunion era songs in that setlist.
I think the 2010 leg of TFF tour is the closest we will ever get to this kind of setlist, sadly. They omitted a whole year (a few months, ok)/leg from the album tour for that - the year of the album release... Big decision! But I can't see the greatest hits being dropped for a whole setlist ever.
I'd love a setlist with only reunion era songs too.

Let's look on the bright side though - Maiden always play most of the songs from their new albums (unlike other bands). ;)

If they are doing all of Senjutsu live, I'd also like them to only play reunion era songs in that setlist.

Yep loads of reunion songs are missing out on becoming classic by not getting played on subsequent tours. All the songs that have been played a few times have become classics, Wicker Man, BNW and DOD. And they aren't necessarily the best from the reunion era.

Except Iron Maiden must be played.

Back