Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Nothing to do 100% with Iron Maiden, but Ross Halfin is the official photographer of the band.

Was. He stopped being their official photographer ages ago.

If you can find Halfin’s diaries if the last time he worked with the band (2006 AMOLAD Japanese tour), they are worth reading.

^ I like how Janick said that he threw everything into the works for ''The Time Machine''. I'm sure he is really proud of it - I consider it his signature song.
This is a actually a really interesting topic, what people consider to be the signature songs of the band members.

As far as Janick goes, my pick would have to be “The Talisman”. I think he nailed the epic scope in the music further honed by Steve’s passionate lyricism.

This is a actually a really interesting topic, what people consider to be the signature songs of the band members.

As far as Janick goes, my pick would have to be “The Talisman”. I think he nailed the epic scope in the music further honed by Steve’s passionate lyricism.
The instrumental part of ''The Time Machine'' has great ''dancing'' melodies and this is something I consider a trademark of Janick. The acoustic intros too. Now that I think about it, maybe ''Dance Of Death'' is the best choice.

As for the other band members imo:

Steve: ''The Trooper''/''Phantom Of The Opera''/''Hell On Earth'' (galloping rhythm, great lyrics, great melodies, long instrumental section, great chorus).
Bruce: ''Empire Of The Clouds'' (great storytelling) or maybe ''Revelations''.
Adrian: ''Wasted Years'' (I always considered this song the emblem of Adrian. Top single).
Dave: ''Brave New World'' (calm intro and great guitar harmonies).
Nicko: ''Where Eagles Dare'' (because of the drumming).

Was. He stopped being their official photographer ages ago.

If you can find Halfin’s diaries if the last time he worked with the band (2006 AMOLAD Japanese tour), they are worth reading.
I remember he was very, very bitter about Maiden or 'Arry specifically. An experience during a visit in some Japanese record shop sounded like that was the end?

Ross Halfin has made some additional comments about this over the years. I remember his diary from a Classic Rock awards party (he was the official photographer) and he wanted to take a picture of Bruce, who also was there. According to Ross, he was told by Bruce he could not take the picture because Rod did not want him too.

Speak to Steve Harris, we meet up and go cd shopping buying bootlegs of hot new bands like Wishbone Ash, Rory Gallagher and Free. I shoot some photos of Steven around Shinjuku while the weather goes from overcast to foul. Do some portraits with Neon in the background. I'm shooting black and white. Steve is a camera enthusiast - 'Why aren't you shooting in colour?' he demands. Steven thinks he knows more than me about photography (he probably does - technical stuff doesn't interest me at all). He starts telling me which exposure to use, how to over expose etc, why digital black and white is better than film (which is bollocks). I can't think of anything more boring. I mean, I don't tell him how to play the bass.

Not sure where these should go so I figured I'd post them here.

If anyone's got the new Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 game (also available on other consoles) there's a couple of cool Maiden Easter Eggs in Peter Quill's bedroom at the start of the game.

20211128_224732.jpg

20211128_224735.jpg

I haven't played that game but I remember seeing these little things posted on the internet when Guardians Of The Galaxy-game came out.
Cool and here's one more screenshot showing the in-game music player:

E9D24A2AC0D40EF315B19A5185EC5197D0C0368B[1].jpg

Back