Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Love shows like this, Maiden come on and are clearly streets ahead of everything else that's been on

It's an odd programme. Meant to be a celebration of the biggest and best of Download over the years, and in that vein they choose to include Halestorm, Black Stone Cherry and Parkway Drive??? Really?

Were Parkway Drive even headliners? It clearly looked like daytime, I never even heard of them. Your one said they pulled off all the stops with the stage show, a small flame and a shitter version of Tommy Lee's spinning drums from 30 years ago

Were Parkway Drive even headliners? It clearly looked like daytime, I never even heard of them. Your one said they pulled off all the stops with the stage show, a small flame and a shitter version of Tommy Lee's spinning drums from 30 years ago
I seen them at Hellfest, never listened to them before or since but they were class up close.
Fuckin Wankload, advertised the show wi a LOTB pic online an only 1 Maiden song from fuckin 3 tours ago, shitehawks.
RE Metallica, 2 seperate people text me about how cringeworthy Hetfield was while me an my mate were watchin it an sayin the same thing

He was doing a call and response thing with the crowd, it was just bad ad lib guff about the Metallica family

Was FOTD the only clip of Maiden which they showed yesterday?

They will broadcast videos (of Maiden and other bands) today too, right?

Yes on FOTD being the only clip, and there is a broadcast tonight as well, but I can't say for certain Maiden will be on again, however, with only 1 song featured so far and Maiden having done two headline shows in the timer period and one to come next year, there is probably a good chance of more Maiden.

Even aside from that, I found him very clunky, awkward, like an old man dancin at a wedding

I think his singing is the worst thing about Metallica live these days, he sounds like he's yodelling a lot of the time, particularly on aggressive songs like Battery

EDIT: Also, the patches on his jacket were questionable. I just don't believe there was ever such patches commercially available for really obscure bands like Vardis or Sweet Savage, so the only conclusion is a rich guy got one off patches made up, which isn't very metal is it?

He was doing a call and response thing with the crowd, it was just bad ad lib guff about the Metallica family

From what show/song is it, I'd like to find it on YT.
I never got the entire 'Metallica family' thing. With Maiden 'family' I always saw that as them mgmt and the crew, and everyone working for them on tours, like a family company would be run vs a cold corporate thing. With Metallica apparently it's everyone in the audience including 'normies' at the show.

I think his singing is the worst thing about Metallica live these days, he sounds like he's yodelling a lot of the time, particularly on aggressive songs like Battery

EDIT: Also, the patches on his jacket were questionable. I just don't believe there was ever such patches commercially available for really obscure bands like Vardis or Sweet Savage, so the only conclusion is a rich guy got one off patches made up, which isn't very metal is it?

Those patches looked suspiciously new. Fake as fack quite possibly.

Back