And it’s all over.

Inductees:
— Foo Fighters
— The Go-Go’s
— Jay Z
— Tina Turner
— Carole King
— Todd Rundgren

It still doesn’t make a lot of sense to me to have a fan poll and not let it count for more than 1 vote. Just cap it at 1 vote per person and let it count. Fela Kuti took the poll by storm and given all the love he got I think he deserved more from this, even if I don’t really care about the music. Jay Z came dead fucking last but he’s a shoe in for no discernible reason. Maiden beat the Foo Fighters deservedly since they don’t make elevator grunge and yet it’s like they don’t exist. I know I’m just saying everything they’re already criticized for but it still bugs me. Like if you’re gonna discount the fan vote, then Kate Bush should be in, smh.
No comment...

Foo Fighters that mainstream 'band' that are everywhere. I've always hated.
Anyway…all the inductees welcome to the Mausoleum :lol:

That would be so predictable. If he does not care about it, why mention it in the first place?
Paul Stanley from KISS's stage banter for the last seven years has featured a bit about "We're in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! ...but they hate KISS!" It's cringy.

Anyways, regarding the Rock Hall, I'm quite surprised they didn't pick RATM. Figured they were darlings of Rolling Stone.

The discussion seems a bit pointless to me. If we think about it, neither side really has an interest in getting Iron Maiden in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

- RRHF can use Iron Maiden brand to generate free traffic and free publicity.
- Iron Maiden camp can use this for free publicity.

What will both parties gain if Maiden will join the Rock Hall? The Iron Maiden marketing team is in a good position to get publications and maintain their image of 'rebels' with current situation.

:lol:

We should not forget his tendency to boast about the underdog nature of metal and how it is not appreciated by the establishment
whilst being essentially a Tory toff

:innocent:
Or perhaps the usual spiel about how "we never had any airplay on the radio, we never got any help from MTV" before Flight of Icarus. Would go down well with the audience, I think.

Last edited:
Back