Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I was looking for this thread earlier but couldn't find it. :rolleyes: Glad it's popped up again though!

No band members involved in this, but Colin Price who deals with Maiden's guitars has been going through his vinyl collection one per day and sharing on Twitter. When I first look at the article earlier today there was a band picture with Blaze that has since been removed. Obviously someone pointed out the mistake. :lol:

I was looking for this thread earlier but couldn't find it. :rolleyes: Glad it's popped up again though!

No band members involved in this, but Colin Price who deals with Maiden's guitars has been going through his vinyl collection one per day and sharing on Twitter. When I first look at the article earlier today there was a band picture with Blaze that has since been removed. Obviously someone pointed out the mistake. :lol:

someone should have told them when you are talking with a guitar tech then the initials LP are more likely to mean Les Paul, from the headline I thought the article was going to be about Maiden's guitars.

Chinese dragon statue available

ironmaidenchinesedragonstatue.jpg
More pictures here

A statue inspired by the artwork for the Chinese leg of IRON MAIDEN's "The Book Of Souls"2016 world tour 2016 has been made available by XM Studios.

A collaboration with Divine, the unique 1:4 scale statue — which has been been handcrafted and handpainted to perfection — shows off MAIDEN's mascot Eddie riding the Chinese Dragon.

Says XM Studios: "As one of the most influential bands that helped to shape the 80s Heavy Metal music scene and with a career spanning four decades and over 100 million records sold, IRON MAIDEN needs no introduction. We are proud to present this unique 1:4 scale statue which is inspired by The Book of Souls World Tour 2016 artwork created for their Beijing and Shanghai leg.

"As most of XM's licenses and products reside in the entertainment and pop culture realm, we are excited to also have the chance to delve into the area of iconic music properties. Immortalized in amazingly detailed Cold Cast Porcelain, IRON MAIDEN fans we hope you love this piece, even for collectors who are not familiar with IRON MAIDEN, there is no doubt that this artwork will look badass in your collection."

From the deep scales on the dragon to the Chinese armor on Eddie, this is one statue MAIDENfans will not want to miss out on.

To stay in the spirit of heavy metal, this statue is limited to only 666 pieces.

Eddie X The Chinese Dragon: 2016 The Book Of Souls World Tour Premium Collectibles statue features:

* A dynamic statue featuring Eddie the head on a fierce dragon
* Crafted in cold cast porcelain
* Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually handpainted with the highest possible quality finish
* Made-to-order capped at 666

Product and cox dimensions

Product size: 60 cm L X 47 cm B X 76 cm H (estimate)
Estimated box size: 79 cm L X 71 cm B X 49.5 cm H (estimate)

Estimated product weight: 20 kg (estimate)
Estimated shipping weight: 30 kg (estimate)

The Eddie X The Chinese Dragon statue is priced at approximately $1,557.

Not Iron Maiden, but Paddy has been found dead:

That’s terrible. My sympathies to Bruce and his kids.

Really sad news.

A nicer link from The Independent rather than those from despicable tabloids here:

Wacken will stream (on 31st July) the whole Maiden show from 2016.

Maybe they can make the quality better and (the most important thing) they should do a better mixing, so we finally to get TOAC and HBTN with a proper quality and mixing. Otherwise it would be pointless, because the whole show is on YouTube already.

Edit: Maiden show from Wacken 2010 would have been great.

Last edited:
I don't really see the point of a new mix. Bruce's voice was absolutely shot by the end of the tour so even with a better mix, we'd still be getting a pretty subpar rendition of Tears of a Clown and (especially) Hallowed.

So unfortunate that the only full pro-shot shows (other than the Live Chapter) we have from the last three tours, Bruce's voice had been worn out. Rock am Ring 2014, Wacken 2016, Rock in Rio 2019.

So unfortunate that the only full pro-shot shows (other than the Live Chapter) we have from the last three tours, Bruce's voice had been worn out. Rock am Ring 2014, Wacken 2016, Rock in Rio 2019.

And the last physical live video release with a full stage production is Death on the Road. :D Small nitpick, I know, but given the amount of live releases, streams and stuff over the last decade, you'd hope for one to be a truly extensive representation of Maiden and their show at their best.

I don't really see the point of a new mix. Bruce's voice was absolutely shot by the end of the tour so even with a better mix, we'd still be getting a pretty subpar rendition of Tears of a Clown and (especially) Hallowed.

True, but those are the only pro-shot videos we will ever get for TOAC and HBTN (from TBOS tour), so better than nothing.

Adrian also messed up a little bit the solo in TOAC in Wacken.

Yeah Bruce's voice was pretty shot on this show, pretty pointless to put it out there. (tbh I think they should have gave Bruce another year to recover as he sounded much better in 2017)

Same as how I felt on the LOTB footage on the Download stream. What's the point in putting out footage where Bruce doesn't sound anywhere near his best?

And the last physical live video release with a full stage production is Death on the Road. :D Small nitpick, I know, but given the amount of live releases, streams and stuff over the last decade, you'd hope for one to be a truly extensive representation of Maiden and their show at their best.

? En Vivo ?

There are more. AFAIR two Japan 2016 gigs, audio source is a bandmember's monitor mix, video screen feed. Can't seem to find them on YT now. I think I do have at least one of these in my collection. Then you have the Rock in Rio 2013 too

Back