Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

"you muthafuckas, you lame fucks!"

CapturewefeqF.jpg

His rants in the early 00s were not great (I guess they were part of trying to show that Maiden were back and against the odds of an industry that thought they were dead for good); thankfully he went back to the more humorous tone of earlier rants in later years.

I think this is a feature and not a bug of Bruce. His rants continue to be sophomoric at best. He still (on the 2019 leg of the tour) rants about MTV and the press not doing anything for Maiden, despite many high profile interviews on major news and music channels over the past decade(s)--especially regarding the plane. The horrible Children of the Damned "joke" on the Book of Souls tour, etc. In fact, apart from the dedication of Blood Brothers to various groups and people(s)--Dio, Japan, metalheads regardless of race, creed, nationality--I can't really recall a worthwhile rant. I know the guys are getting up there in years and may need a breather, but I would much rather have a quick song (Wrathchild, Futureal, Judas Be My Guide, Be Quick or Be Dead, Purgatory, Genghis Khan, etc) than blathering Bruce.

I think this is a feature and not a bug of Bruce. His rants continue to be sophomoric at best.

I have not been to any shows this year, but I was referring to some of the rants I witnessed in the last few years that have been much more humorous and light-hearted than those from the first couple of tours after the reunion. There were some funny ones on the shows I attended on the Somewhere Back in Time tour.

The more serious ones following sad and tragic events have been pretty good too.

Last edited:
In fact, apart from the dedication of Blood Brothers to various groups and people(s)--Dio, Japan, metalheads regardless of race, creed, nationality--I can't really recall a worthwhile rant.

He had a great one at Donington 2016 hours after that nutter went on a killing spree in a gay nightclub. A shame it wasn't put on the album in it's entirety.

I have not been to any shows this year, but I was referring to some of the rants I witnessed in the last few years that have been much more humorous and light-hearted than those from the first couple of tours after the reunion.

Unfortunately he was back to his old self on the two gigs I saw this summer. Maybe I just caught him on off nights.

Bruce was kind of an asshole during Rock in Rio, to be honest. He sounded great singing, but his rants and stuff that were cut out of the live release were really shit.

Been listening to concerts from 99 and 2000 lately, his rants during RIR weren't nothing different than on the rest of the tour honestly

There was a bad one on Munich where he got a bit little englander accusing the fire department of being "fuhrers"

Iron Maiden's live performances would indeed be greatly improved if their singer focused on singing instead of sharing his asinine remarks and usually poorly informed opinions with the world. Even when he's sort of justified (Eggfest) (although he absolutely brought that on himself by ranting in the first place) he has to cock it up somehow; apparently the British flag turned into the English fuckin' flag at some point when Bruce was holding it.

What was this?
From memory it was that anyone born in the second half of 1982 might have been conceived while their parents were listening to that song - which would make them "children of the damned" apparently. "... parent sex ... uncomfortable subject ... you know it's happened at least once ..." etc etc. It wasn't particularly funny and didn't have anything to do with the actual song.

By the way, WAAAAAYYY before Maiden played the show, Rod stated in the IM Official webpage:

It is very important that METAL is represented in events of this magnitude and profile, and we are proud to do that. Our day, Jan 19 , is METAL day. Some of you think that to see Maiden you would have to sit through Britney Spears. Now much as the band would LOVE to play with Britney this is just not the case!!! Our day is the METAL day - MAIDEN, HALFORD, QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE and other acts to be added. A great bill.

I think Bruce was really talking about Pop Music Industry and how this wanted to destroy metal forever. He just putted Britney because she was the featuring star of the Music industry at that moment and I think she was the star at the Rock In Rio pop day.

Back