Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

I forgot that Ed Hunter was originally going to be called "Melt" and it was delayed for years
The best part is that it was delayed so that it would have "cutting edge graphics" and such and it was just a rail shooter. It was Virtua Cop or Duck Hunt with Eddie instead of Ducks. Legacy of the Beast is a shitty freemium mobile game and is legitimately better than Ed Melter.

The best part is that it was delayed so that it would have "cutting edge graphics" and such and it was just a rail shooter. It was Virtua Cop or Duck Hunt with Eddie instead of Ducks. Legacy of the Beast is a shitty freemium mobile game and is legitimately better than Ed Melter.

For some reason my version of Ed Hunter always crashed when you got to the end of the level with Hallowed in it. Tried several PCs over time and I have 2 different copies of Ed Hunter* and it still crashed on every different version.

*the us version has a hidden bonus version of Wrathchild with fresh vocals from Bruce overdubbed in 1999.

It's such a shame too. Licensed games are basically never good, but imagine the possibilities of a fully 3D FPS featuring Eddie and proper recreations of the album cover art. It might've still sucked, but at least it would've been something.

Very interesting Rock in Rio tv version:
Bruce breaking the zip line at the begining of the Wickerman (not in the dvd) I guess was for the excitement of the moment
Steve singing the chorus in Wrathchild…something scary (the adrenaline was so high…)

Very interesting Rock in Rio tv version:
Bruce breaking the zip line at the begining of the Wickerman (not in the dvd) I guess was for the excitement of the moment
Steve singing the chorus in Wrathchild…something scary (the adrenaline was so high…)

He ripped the camera because it was in his way although Maiden's production team had established WAY before hand where ALL the cameras should be. By the way, that camera was supposed to film Nicko and, because he ripped it, there's no much takes of Nicko in the official DVD

Last edited:
Bruce was kind of an asshole during Rock in Rio, to be honest. He sounded great singing, but his rants and stuff that were cut out of the live release were really shit.

Agreed, I'd be inclined to put that down to the adrenaline and nerves of playing such a huge show. Even for a pro like Bruce that was still a big fuckin' deal. He had similar histrionics the first time in 85 smashing his guitar as well.

My only complaint is the "lame fucks" remarks are now on the new remaster of RIR, whereas they were thankfully edited off the original release.

Bruce was kind of an asshole during Rock in Rio, to be honest. He sounded great singing, but his rants and stuff that were cut out of the live release were really shit.

His rants in the early 00s were not great (I guess they were part of trying to show that Maiden were back and against the odds of an industry that thought they were dead for good); thankfully he went back to the more humorous tone of earlier rants in later years.

Back