Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Of all the people to replace, the drummer doesn’t write anything
I feel like a broken record responding to this, but - everyone in the current lineup has mentioned multiple times in interviews, and even in the official biography, what a huge impact Nicko’s drumming has on their songwriting and overall sound.

He’s a one-off; a jazzy/funky drummer who plays heavy metal without double bass and uses a lot of syncopation and improvised parts. Replacing him with anyone, no matter how good, would most certainly have a noticeable impact on any new songs that were written.

Is there a scenario that we could all accept in which Nicko still records the albums and maybe plays a show or two (in Florida), but they hire a different touring drummer - similar to the current situation w/ Glenn Tipton and Judas Priest?

I feel like a broken record responding to this, but - everyone in the current lineup has mentioned multiple times in interviews, and even in the official biography, what a huge impact Nicko’s drumming has on their songwriting and overall sound.

He’s a one-off; a jazzy/funky drummer who plays heavy metal without double bass and uses a lot of syncopation and improvised parts. Replacing him with anyone, no matter how good, would most certainly have a noticeable impact on any new songs that were written.

I agree with you, but I also feel that way about pretty much every member of the band at this point. That's why my post started with saying I'd prefer not to see a non-Nicko version of Maiden. If a member calls it quits, any of them, I'd rather they hang it up. The six piece line up they have now is they best they've ever had, and it's a well oiled machine.

I think that allows the band to retain creative pride by involving Nicko (who won't ever want to stop drumming but at some point will physically be unable to keep up with a touring schedule) and still give fans the best sounding shows. Bonus points if it is Nicko's son doing the tour.

This might be a silly question, but why are people paying so much attention to the words about the future of Maiden from a former roadie? I mean, he might have reconnected with the Steve et al recently, but I think it is extremely unlikely that he would have been made aware of things like the possible plan B were Nicko not be able to continue drumming. It is not as if he is Rod’s best mate...

Tour Diaries FC Mag No. 51

Hello all, most of you know me as a guy willing to share what knowledge I have on Maiden stuff and helping other Maiden fans in here with what I can. Now I'm the one asking for help, I'm looking for the "Tour Diaries" (More like Blaze diaries) on the X Factour that appeared in the IMFC Magazine No. 52, so if anyone can please scan them or upload a good picture here or PM with them I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and UP THE IRONS!
I think I have that one but it may be 2 weeks before I am in the place where it is. Maybe PM me in a week to remind me if you still need it.

First
Says FC mag #51 in the title, but mag #52 in the text :blink:

I have both, but not sure I can find a place to scan.

Thank you very much mate! The Blaze diaries that I'm looking for appear on Mag #52. When I edited the text I forgot to also edit the title :blush:. If you can take a good enough picture so I can read it it will do and I will appreciate it a lot :lol:

First

Thank you very much mate! The Blaze diaries that I'm looking for appear on Mag #52. When I edited the text I forgot to also edit the title :blush:. If you can take a good enough picture so I can read it it will do and I will appreciate it a lot :lol:

I will find it for you tomorrow and do my best with the photos!

I have limited interest in this but may pick it up just to add it to my collection. I love Adrian's work in Maiden, especially his reunion material, but I have a good bit of info on him from the RTTH biography and not sure how interested I'd be in his solo stuff. I'm thinking about it as I type. I picked up Bruce's books (what the fuck is this button here? and playin with swords on airplanes) and loved them both because I love Bruce with all my widdle heart.

Back