Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

The songs he has written...

Are we talking about the same man who claims that any song that has himself as the only songwriter means that he wrote everything? We all know that is far from the truth in several cases. ;)

Not taking anything away from Steve's fantastic songwriting skills, but I sometimes have to frown upon some of his answers in that respect.

"It’s unique, the fact that we’ve been together for so long, but I suppose as long as people want to come see us, we’ll keep putting on shows.”

I like the fact that retirement does not seem to be an option.

I like the fact that retirement does not seem to be an option.

Yeah. Steve also had said that they will keep going for as long as they can. But I suppose everything depends how long can Nicko play - I remember on one interview (during TBOS tour), he said he can't imagine playing RTTH at the age of 70, which is after 3 years. Although with Nicko you never know if this was not a joke.... I hope so. To play drums (especially for Maiden) is a very physically demanding thing. But Nicko is a legend - WED in 2019, who thought that?

Maaan, with all these great albums, superb songs, amazing stage sets and their performance is still top-notch, I'm scare to think about their retirement./ If they can keep going for 10-11 years from now, it will be beyond our wildest dreams.

I think they will retire from long tours in 5 or 6 years because Nicko. They can still record albums

Well the recent tour is 4 months in 2018 and 4 months in 2019 with almost 1 full year break. Not so long. The first leg of TBOS tour in 2016 was 7 months. I don't like the idea of a band still releasing albums without touring. It's not the same.

Well…Are them in it for the money or for the music? I think they are into this for the music first, and create new music they keep them alive.
I just saying that if they are close to retirement for long tours. They can still record albums and enjoying creating new music and maybe 10 or 20 dates stadiums world tour in big cities, I don't know, but I'm sure Rod has the next 5 years planned in advance. Rod and Andy are older than the members of the band so I think they will be the first in retire. It's what I think

Tour Diaries FC Mag No. 51

Hello all, most of you know me as a guy willing to share what knowledge I have on Maiden stuff and helping other Maiden fans in here with what I can. Now I'm the one asking for help, I'm looking for the "Tour Diaries" (More like Blaze diaries) on the X Factour that appeared in the IMFC Magazine No. 52, so if anyone can please scan them or upload a good picture here or PM with them I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and UP THE IRONS!

Last edited:
Back