Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

For the next album, I'd like to see more songs like "The Trooper".  Shorter songs, yet really epic rocking songs.  But Iron Maiden is known for long songs, and they are great at that too.  I can't wait for the next album...if indeed we do get one.  One thing I learned from "The Final Frontier" is that Bruce's voice will never fade away!!!   :edmetal:

chaosapiant said:
I do apologize for what could be misconstrued as a misquote.  The truth is, I have a hard time understanding almost everyone in the band except for Bruce most times.  I even watch their documentaries in sub-titles to alleviate this.  Regardless, Adrian did say he was thinking it, but yes, he also said they excel at the long songs.  Sorry for any confusion in my statements!

Only Nicko is hard to follow for me, but I get what you mean.

Great interview.  It was both surprising and not surprising how little Janick knows about the practical side of touring and merchandise, but then that's probably the case for the whole band except perhaps 'Arry.

Janick on the Finnish sonisphere gig:
We went out with half the P.A. and half the lights and very little monitors on stage

I would never have guessed, the light show was still amazing, and I was seeing Maiden in the dark for the first time so I have nothing to compare it to.  Damn, their light show must be out of this world if I saw only half the lights...

Re: Janick to guest on MTV2's Headbanger's Ball

Too bad I don't get that channel. I get regular MTV and regular VH1, when MTV2 and VH1 Classic seem more suited to rock/metal fans.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
MTV's actually not going to suck for once? :D

Showing it at 3am. They still suck. At a minimum they could have showed it at 2am, although 2am is a very bad song.

MEATALIST said:
Showing it at 3am. They still suck. At a minimum they could have showed it at 2am, although 2am is a very bad song.

I think 2 a.m. is one of the best songs on X Factor.

MTV airs Headbangers Ball way late at night, and I don't even think my Dish subscription includes MTV2 or VH1 Classic. I don't even want to provide MTV with my view, anyway. I'd be damned if I willfully helped there ratings at all, even if me not watching doesn't affect them any.

HallowedBeMyName said:
MTV airs Headbangers Ball way late at night, and I don't even think my Dish subscription includes MTV2 or VH1 Classic. I don't even want to provide MTV with my view, anyway. I'd be damned if I willfully helped there ratings at all, even if me not watching doesn't affect them any.

FIGHT THE POWER

Back