Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

That statement reveals most of the plans of the Maiden camp for next year. They'll be doing the UK tour in May and they will probably start recording a new album in September. The only thing left to comfirm is the rumored US tour starting in late June and continuing troughout the July (15 to 20 dates).

Which means... they're absolutely recording an album in the second half of 2017.

Any studio good enough for them would require months of advance planning and booking- my bet is it's all been locked in and set down on the calendar by now.
On top of that, Maiden's management seems to plan 2 or 3 years at a time.

Interesting to hear Blaze talk about having mental health problems. Based on his general demeanor and showmanship, I would peg him as one of the least likely members of Maiden to have such.

Also great to know he doesn't like TAATG either. :D

I am surprised and impressed that Blaze is still able to do music full time.

This guy lives and breathes music. It will sound stupid to some, but, seeing British Lion live, I've thought about him: there's the same kind of spirit in him and Harry.

I don't doubt that. You'd have to really love what you're doing to be sticking with it this long despite a diminishing audience.

It would be cool if Maiden let Blaze open for them on one of their tours. But Steve probably has a niece or nephew somewhere waiting for that spot.

No, he would 't fit. The stuff is too high for his voice.
He can sing it an octave lower. What matters is the range of the vocal lines and they are nowhere near as wide as what Steve does in Maiden.

That would sound awful imo. It's not everybody's thing, but I do think part of the character of BL's music is the higher and (at times) softer vocals. It puts a retro-sounding spin on the music.

Back