Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Happy anniversary The Book of Souls.
As of right now, TBOS is challenging AMOLAD for my 3rd favorite Reunion era album. Both albums have some masterpieces (like all Reunion albums), but TBOS contains better solos (the ones in Empire, for example - just wow) imo. The album has aged great for me.

TBOS - amazing opener (with no solo, unfortunately), great lead single and 3 masterpieces (Red & Black, Book and Empire). Shadows is my favorite song from the album, while ''Death Or Glory'' is one of the band's best short rockers with a classic 80's feel. ''The Great Unknown'' is a unique song with great parts. River is a strong song (I wished the chorus was not slow), ''Tears Of A Clown'' too with its groove. The ballad of the album is good (those amazing melodies!).

AMOLAD - catchy and great opener and the lead single is unusual heavy for the band. The masterpieces here are Lord, Legacy (what an acoustic intro and second half of the song!) and Greater Good. ''Brighter Than A Thousand Suns'' is close to them. Longest Day is another great epic. Pilgrim is one of the band's most underrated rockers, while ''Out Of The Shadows'' is the usual strong ballad-y type of song. Colours is a good song with anthemic chorus.

Better choruses: TBOS
Better intros: tie
Better solos: TBOS
Better melodies: tie

1.Brave New World
2.Senjutsu
----
5.Dance Of Death (only because of ''Age Of Innocence'')
6.The Final Frontier (Disc 2 is very strong, but so is the material above)

Last edited:
As of right now, TBOS is challenging AMOLAD for my 3rd favorite Reunion era album. Both albums have some masterpieces (like all Reunion albums), but TBOS contains better solos (the ones in Empire, for example - just wow) imo. The album has aged great for me.

1.Brave New World
2.Senjutsu
----
5.Dance Of Death (only because of ''Age Of Innocence'')
6.The Final Frontier (Disc 2 is very strong, but so is the material above)
I agree with you, it's pretty much the same as mine even though all the post reunion albums are GREAT!!! There's plenty of choice...Do you think Maiden will play anything from this period in 2023 tour aside of course from Senjutsu?

even though all the post reunion albums are GREAT!!! There's plenty of choice...Do you think Maiden will play anything from this period in 2023 tour aside of course from Senjutsu?
True. One Reunion song (like ''Brave New World'') for next year is very possible - all album tours except AMOLAD (because they played the whole album in 2006 and celebrated the anniversary of TNOTB in 2007) featured songs from other Reunion albums. It would count as a deep cut, I guess.

True. One Reunion song (like ''Brave New World'') for next year is very possible - all album tours except AMOLAD (because they played the whole album in 2006 and celebrated the anniversary of TNOTB in 2007) featured songs from other Reunion albums. It would count as a deep cut, I guess.
Yes, I also think that they will play at least one song from the post reunion period, it would complete the setlist. I don't think it's totally focused on Senjutsu and apparently Somewhere in Time, well the "classics" are always there.

Pregnament woman enjoys Rock in Rio at 36 weeks :"Opportunity to see Maiden". She went in festival with husband and her 6yrs old son. Speculation name for new baby coming...Eddie!!:p:oops: source: ETHFC

Attachments

• 302456900_3177254795824706_5141231241813029398_n.jpg
    302456900_3177254795824706_5141231241813029398_n.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 304902005_3177254589158060_1853835790624848453_n.jpg
    304902005_3177254589158060_1853835790624848453_n.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 9
I cant get over it that we will not have a video album from this tour. So many great and sold out venues but without proper live release

It is already 10 yeras since En Vivo, the last proper live release. Lazy video cut of Live Chapter is too annoying to watch.

It's true I agree with you, they would certainly have a lot of material from 2018 to today. Nights of the Dead honestly left me a little perplexed, especially for amount of sound...maybe a bootleg was better. This tour deserves a high quality dvd. But this is my opinion.

Back