Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

You can't have Iron Maiden without Dave Murray. There's a reason he's been a part of the band for nearly as long as Steve, and even after getting fired he ultimately got rehired. Even before they recorded a single album it was blatantly obvious the band needs his guitar playing. If he retires, the band retires. Simple as.

I've read this post and I remembered that Elton John song where the line goes "...it's sad, so sad. It's a sad, sad situation..."
And it's also a life lesson. Life lesson being this: If you have one goal and the attitude "ends-justify-the-means" - you'll eventually get there. No matter the consequences, no matter how many people get hurt, if you have thick skin, no empathy and an ounce of shrewdness - you'll reach that goal.

It feels weird seeing a man I respect with a man who I don't respect smiling and sitting next to each other. Then again, there's another life lesson. During his life, Steve probably got so "big" that all kind of people approached him. And since that period of time is small, Steve doesn't know who they are (or maybe Juras did tell him something, but he doesn't care) so it just slides. Just to clarify, Steve is sitting here with a man who:
- is convicted of rape, and served time for it (several months)
- "managed" Croatian IMFC, and by managed I mean took money for organization which was nowhere registered (several years)
- faked tickets and backstage passes for Iron Maiden concerts (several times)
- promoted fan trips to Iron Maiden concerts, promising meet and greet with band members (several times)
- wrote a book how to smuggle yourself in gigs and backstage
- managed to single-handedly fuck up metal festival (at least two times)
- been kicked out of backstage (several times - I guess that book wasn't good after all)
- is in debt to a lot of people, and by lot I really mean a lot of people (probably several thousand whatever-currency-you-pick)
- promised, announced and sold this-and-that-and-this-and-that related to Iron Maiden and backed it up with some photos, like he'll promise, announce and sell something new, backed by this photo with Steve. And by promise, announce and sell - I mean lie.

And he'll get away with it. Again.
Even if you gather all the evidence for the things I've said, he'll find some counterargument, sell you some story, move away from it and start something new. And there will come new customers, who have no idea who he is, and they'll buy it.

IIRC fundraiser for Paul was started by some guy from London. But guess who slimmed in the whole story. The same guy who 6 months ago talked how this tour won't happen was the same guy who was there on the first date of the tour, wheeling in Paul to meet with Steve. And then, what a coincidence, that same guy met with Steve and talked about his books. Disgusting. Using a sick man for your own benefit. He did the same thing with late Clive Burr, lurking around sick-man's house, like a vulture, taking picture with Maiden awards that Clive had. And later probably used those pictures for some other benefit.

That's what I talked about in some other thread. "Dave wants to retire. Inside scoop." I can put a spoon in my ass and also do an inside scoop, and it'll be the same quality as some rumors that are floating around. The first things I want to know when I read something like that is: "Who are those guys? Why do they come out with stuff like that? What do they gain from it?" If I don't know the vague answer to those three questions, I'll toss that rumor in a forget-it bin.

To conclude, here are some wise words from Mr. Lincoln:
E_5UjMTVQAI5AVq.jpg

I don't find that credible. Dave would talk about such feelings and reasons only with the other band members and Rod and they would keep it to themselves and not chat about it with others around the band.
In my opinion, this person made that up because it theoretically is plausible based on certain photos and other circumstances.

I've read this post and I remembered that Elton John song where the line goes "...it's sad, so sad. It's a sad, sad situation..."
And it's also a life lesson. Life lesson being this: If you have one goal and the attitude "ends-justify-the-means" - you'll eventually get there. No matter the consequences, no matter how many people get hurt, if you have thick skin, no empathy and an ounce of shrewdness - you'll reach that goal.

It feels weird seeing a man I respect with a man who I don't respect smiling and sitting next to each other. Then again, there's another life lesson. During his life, Steve probably got so "big" that all kind of people approached him. And since that period of time is small, Steve doesn't know who they are (or maybe Juras did tell him something, but he doesn't care) so it just slides. Just to clarify, Steve is sitting here with a man who:
- is convicted of rape, and served time for it (several months)
- "managed" Croatian IMFC, and by managed I mean took money for organization which was nowhere registered (several years)
- faked tickets and backstage passes for Iron Maiden concerts (several times)
- promoted fan trips to Iron Maiden concerts, promising meet and greet with band members (several times)
- wrote a book how to smuggle yourself in gigs and backstage
- managed to single-handedly fuck up metal festival (at least two times)
- been kicked out of backstage (several times - I guess that book wasn't good after all)
- is in debt to a lot of people, and by lot I really mean a lot of people (probably several thousand whatever-currency-you-pick)
- promised, announced and sold this-and-that-and-this-and-that related to Iron Maiden and backed it up with some photos, like he'll promise, announce and sell something new, backed by this photo with Steve. And by promise, announce and sell - I mean lie.

And he'll get away with it. Again.
Even if you gather all the evidence for the things I've said, he'll find some counterargument, sell you some story, move away from it and start something new. And there will come new customers, who have no idea who he is, and they'll buy it.

IIRC fundraiser for Paul was started by some guy from London. But guess who slimmed in the whole story. The same guy who 6 months ago talked how this tour won't happen was the same guy who was there on the first date of the tour, wheeling in Paul to meet with Steve. And then, what a coincidence, that same guy met with Steve and talked about his books. Disgusting. Using a sick man for your own benefit. He did the same thing with late Clive Burr, lurking around sick-man's house, like a vulture, taking picture with Maiden awards that Clive had. And later probably used those pictures for some other benefit.

That's what I talked about in some other thread. "Dave wants to retire. Inside scoop." I can put a spoon in my ass and also do an inside scoop, and it'll be the same quality as some rumors that are floating around. The first things I want to know when I read something like that is: "Who are those guys? Why do they come out with stuff like that? What do they gain from it?" If I don't know the vague answer to those three questions, I'll toss that rumor in a forget-it bin.

To conclude, here are some wise words from Mr. Lincoln:
View attachment 20548

You are not a fan, are you? :lol:

Iron Maiden's documentary Flight 666 will be streamed on Arte TV on the 17th of june, replayed on 24th of june. :)

Adrian: ''But when he put …Mariner forward I just knew we had to do it, because I’d never heard anyone do anything like it before. I think when we recorded it in the Bahamas he had to hang the lyrics from the top of the wall all the way to the floor, there were so many. And Steve was so fired up about it he convinced everyone else. It’s so dramatic how can you not like it''.

No one will ever create a song like ''Rime Of The Ancient Mariner'' again! :notworthy:

Back