Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Fanboys usually don't like person(s) who tell all the truth straight into their faces. Especially when it refers to their all time idols...
With all due respect bc we're supposed to be friends here with common love for Maiden...but you seem to troll the band an awful lot. Who is disappointed here exactly? Nobody here is surprised that the album's hype lasted for a couple months before release and then died down quickly. That's totally the norm for albums these days. They are now (unfortunately) footnotes in band's history since they (again, really really unfortunately) don't mean all that much anymore to anyone. We live in a new paradigm. I don't like it. But it is what it is. Nothing changes that this was a FANTASTIC album (best in 10+ years for me) and will lead to some incredible tours. Let's love on Maiden bc it can't last much longer. They should not be doing this 5 or 10 years from now like a sad metal version of The Stones who are so clearly still all about the money. Maiden is first and foremost about THE FANS and the music. Nothing has changed. Long live Maiden...

Ok I think it’s time to get this thread back on topic. There are some pretty cool interviews that have been posted in the last few days, please use this thread to discuss those.

Consider using the ignore button on RLonger if his posts bother you, you probably won’t miss anything of value.

With all due respect bc we're supposed to be friends here with common love for Maiden...but you seem to troll the band an awful lot. Who is disappointed here exactly? Nobody here is surprised that the album's hype lasted for a couple months before release and then died down quickly. That's totally the norm for albums these days. They are now (unfortunately) footnotes in band's history since they (again, really really unfortunately) don't mean all that much anymore to anyone. We live in a new paradigm. I don't like it. But it is what it is. Nothing changes that this was a FANTASTIC album (best in 10+ years for me) and will lead to some incredible tours. Let's love on Maiden bc it can't last much longer. They should not be doing this 5 or 10 years from now like a sad metal version of The Stones who are so clearly still all about the money. Maiden is first and foremost about THE FANS and the music. Nothing has changed. Long live Maiden...
Albums today don't mean so much ?! It's weird to me I must admit, it's sad.

Fanboys usually don't like person(s) who tell all the truth straight into their faces. Especially when it refers to their all time idols...
Yes, your skewed version of reality is "the truth". On almost all accounts where you can be factually be right/wrong you have been disproven. You twist things to suit your narrative. The polar opposite of a scientific and factual approach. Anyway I missed the part about moving along but I will do just that now.

SENJUTSU wasn't so big success as TBOS and now the hype for an album is completely over. Band's management didn't make it more exposed.
They did hit their highest ever chart position in the US with this one. So I’m pretty sure they’re doing something right. And at the end nobody gives a shit about commercial performance or critical reception. Maiden don’t care, as fans we don’t care and we just love the darn album. For me this is their best since AMOLAD.

Please stay on topic, I am going to start deleting off topic posts. There are other threads for sales and chart positions

So by this definition you should be loved here.

Anyway. I really like interviews with Adrian & Janick. However I do feel that interview with Dave was boring. He didnt said anything new about the album. I would love to see interview about details of gear that theyve used in studio.

I liked his picks for favourite riffs/guitar parts and nice to know the first band he was a fan of and such. Some of the questions were rather generic so, when you give the man room, he takes it and especially likes to talk about vibe. Still interesting how they approached the solo's.

Don’t forget the two doctors!
Speaking of which, where's the three-pronged doctor, Dutch female singers champion, "Tell me again how it's my internet connection" absentee, "SHUT THE FUCK UP CRIED I'M TOTALLY FUCKING CALM OK!!!!!!!!" Pleb Hunter??!
Accio Wiz!

Maiden had input really only in one or two aspects to the storyline of the video of ''Stratego'' - and they wanted to keep it as enigmatic as possible.

He again said that he would like to do ''The Time Machine'' live and that there seems to be a lot of love for ''Darkest Hour''.

He is a huge space fan... (''Space Race'', Skunkworks, 1996).

Back