Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

It's too big to get away with scanning it at work, so I've just grabbed a few photos . I'm off to spend the rest of the night reading it. Anyway, here's a taster of one of the interviews and the front cover. Click at your own risk if you'd rather wait to read your own copy.

Front cover:
IMG_0228_zpsxfh6a3d6.jpg

Adrian interview (it was the easiest to photograph).
Click on individual pages to enlarge.
adrian1_zps8kkabakz.jpg

adrian2_zpszyvsu70l.jpg

adrian3_zpsifashbqn.jpg

adrian4_zpsqxjdfu0x.jpg

Um... Okay, not really relevant, but if Forostar wants any reaction in spoiler, then fine:
I wasn't familiar with Adrian's son's band.

Nothing extraordinary, but I have to admit I prefer this much more than what Bruce's and Steve's kids play. Sounds a lot like Psycho Motel.

Um... Okay, not really relevant, but if Forostar wants any reaction in spoiler, then fine:
I wasn't familiar with Adrian's son's band.

Nothing extraordinary, but I have to admit I prefer this much more than what Bruce's and Steve's kids play. Sounds a lot like Psycho Motel.

...I really like it! Far preferable to Bruce's kids' work, for sure. Glad to hear that H's son likes the same kind of music that H likes! It's big, hooky, and radio-ready, but with a slight edge and a good ear for blues. I dig it. Will be looking these guys up.

And the young Smith plays bass. Weird, neither him nor George Harris followed the father's path :p

Sroggy, this isn't surprising, is it ? It would be such a pressure to walk into their fathers'steps, especially for George. Austin Dickinson tried to do the same job, but he can't even dream to equal his father (in fact, I don't even think he is a singer ;)).

Well, if George/Dylan didn't pick bass/guitar just because of the pressure, then it kind of sucks :p But who knows, maybe they were indeed passionate about the instruments they chose.

Btw. Nicko's son plays drums, but I don't know whether he's in a band. This video is old, I don't know how many of you have seen that:

RESURRECTION! I think I found the right one, @Brigantium...?

Anyway, repost from the BOS general thread:

The most interesting bits/speculation from that second interview to me are:
- the subtext of that Adrian interview reads like Adrian left the band in 1990 either because he had had enough of partying or because he liked it too much.
- gosh, Dave Murray seems like the nicest guy ever
- gosh, Janick is gonna be the coolest old man ever, I'll have to visit his town and look for him in the pub one day so that I can not say hi
- Bruce on his voice:

As a singer, I find that when I'm sick or tired, the very top of my voice is the absolute hardest to reach with any power or clarity. The transition between chest and head voice is also very hard. It's interesting that Bruce says he has no problem in his upper register, but then again, he's spent years and years flexing the hell out of that particular part of his voice.

Can someone registered put a link to the full article?

I've no idea which article you're referring to, all I can see is the one Mr Knickerbocker has posted. If anyone wants to follow up those links, visit the website and copy and paste it, feel free. The other link he posted no longer works.

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

PLUS:
"We got special camera's on the new boy in the band..."
Bruce will be doing the final part of his 747 training in December.
"Yeh, we will be rehearsing in Florida" [in January].
And not just AtG: "The Duellist, Sun & Steel".

Interesting stuff...

Last edited:
Oh my god. Nicko, you are a LEGEND. :edmetal:

If this happens, I will sell my soul and all my possesions to be there.

Back