Iron Maiden News, Links, and Interviews

Same, but they might not have a choice. Regardless of the morals of the issue, this could be a big deal to their brand and Rod would almost certainly push them to accept as is.
I don't think they will be voted in anyway, but if they do and play along with Blaze being excluded I'd be disappointed.

I am almost positive they won't get in. I know they don't necessarily care either but it would be nice for them to be recognized and maybe pave the way for other deserving metals bands to be recognized. Tired of my favorite genre of music taking the backseat to all other genres.

this could be a big deal to their brand and Rod would almost certainly push them to accept as is.

As seen from Dennis' statement, for people like him, probably Paul and Clive's family, Blaze too, the idea of being in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame would be a big deal. I think there's definitely more to be thought about on this than just prominent band members havng a contrarian moment.

Same, but they might not have a choice. Regardless of the morals of the issue, this could be a big deal to their brand and Rod would almost certainly push them to accept as is.

I don't think the "brand" is managed in that way. Brand is enslaved to the band, and not vice versa. It's there to provide them money so they can mount big ass world tours and not to provide them money when they don't do that. Also having Iron Maiden out of the HoF is PR in itself, not accepting the award is probably something that hasn't been done before?

People don't consider Dickinson's position nowadays, he's a lot more than a frontman.

As for the other guys, Paul, Blaze and Clive deserve it.

Regarding Stratton I don't know what to say. He was there as a 2nd guitar on the debut album. He provided a nice few solos. He was also 27 y.o at the moment, so the guitar play can be seen as "not that special" if one wants. He also didn't click with the band on tour, and had a strong family life that he wanted to see through. There's nothing wrong about it, but "important for rock and roll" ?

As for the other guys, Paul, Blaze and Clive deserve it.

Regarding Stratton I don't know what to say. He was there as a 2nd guitar on the debut album. He provided a nice few solos. He was also 27 y.o at the moment, so the guitar play can be seen as "not that special" if one wants. He also didn't click with the band on tour, and had a strong family life that he wanted to see through. There's nothing wrong about it, but "important for rock and roll" ?

Stratton is not that special I agree but in the eyes of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame he was on the debut album and as such played a part in launching the band/played on a seminal album. Blaze did not and that's probably why he's been overlooked.

I am almost positive they won't get in. I know they don't necessarily care either but it would be nice for them to be recognized and maybe pave the way for other deserving metals bands to be recognized. Tired of my favorite genre of music taking the backseat to all other genres.

So here's a question. What's the benefit of this sort of recognition?

So here's a question. What's the benefit of this sort of recognition?
Under normal years (non Covid) the band would get some publicity in some news outlets they normally would not and they would give speeches/perform on US TV, pretty rare for Maiden.

I don't see much downside to it ... but I tend to doubt they are getting in.

Re: Blaze, given they are proposing to induct everyone who played on a studio album except Blaze, I think they should include him. How they pick members to be inducted is a bit of a mystery to me.

Honestly, I have never been a fan of the "Hall of Fame" aspect of this. It makes sense for individual players in sports, but the concept does not work that will for music IMO ... if anything just based on many of these bands still being active.

When it comes down to it, like any other "Hall of Fame" it is a museum that is trying to draw fans of bands to pay admission, it is Rolling Stone Magazine trying to get readers, and trying to get viewers for their TV show (the induction ceremony)

You can also get new fans by adapting your music style, adapting your image, doing big endorsements and things like that. It's called commercialization and it's everything Maiden isn't about.
Do you mean, if they did something like "Robinsons Brewery presents The Trooper"? ;)

If anyone is interested, there is an opportunity to bid on some nice Maiden items to support the stage hands that find themselves struggling during the pandemic:

I am in two minds about this. Whilst it is nice to see the band donate some items to support a worthy cause, I cannot help but think they surely can donate much more themselves from their very deep pockets.

If anyone is interested, there is an opportunity to bid on some nice Maiden items to support the stage hands that find themselves struggling during the pandemic:

I am in two minds about this. Whilst it is nice to see the band donate some items to support a worthy cause, I cannot help but think they surely can donate much more themselves from their very deep pockets.
Totally agree.
Edit: It's time to another Rod's biking world tour
I guess they can gets a lot of money just from the merchandise shop in one gig

Last edited:
I suspect it has something to do with the way tax incentives are structured, for creating a fundraiser versus donating directly.

I do wonder how deep their pockets are. Probably pretty deep, but they're not JK Rowling, either.

Back