Iron Maiden - EN VIVO - Live from Estadio Nacional, Santiago!!

Kevin Shirley posted the following on his facebook page a few hours ago:

"The new Robert Cray record is pretty much all recorded - we packed up last night, and he and his band sound amazing!!!! I will begin mixing in a week - but first have some urgent Maiden mixes to do..."

With En Vivo due out in just over a weeks time surely all dvds, vinyl and cds are packaged up and ready to go. Maybe something else we don't know of awaits..

Maybe something to be played on the PA during the upcoming tour? Remasters of the Moonchild intro, spoken passages from Seventh Son of A Seventh Son and such.

I would be surprised by anything else. Unless there was a deadline on the mixing of something imposed on him and he was late. In that case, it could of course have to do with the projected release of a Maiden England DVD.

En Vivo! has been dispatched to my house:applause: if im lucky i might get it for saturday rather than monday... which would be pleasant

Does the Blu-Ray edition of En Vivo! include a PCM soundtrack or are we going to be stuck with another lossy Dolby 2.0 track?

Here's the trailer of the documentary, it's been posted on the official site a few days ago, but I'm sure I've already seen it before somewhere... Sorry if it's a repost.

!

I purchased both the CD and DVD today - in Australia - and have listened to the whole of CD 1. It has a real nice live sound to it...if that makes sense. Meaning it hasn't been over-produced til it loses authenticity. The solos are incredibly well placed in the mix...well spread across the sound system so you can imagine where Dave, Adrian and Janick are on stage as they're playing. I've only listened once but pretty sure Adrian's El Dorado solo happens on the right side of stage..quite novel for Kevin to move the guitarists around aurally. El Dorado is very cool live. Dance of Death rocks of course..Bruce ad libs a little ;) I'm about to settle in and watch the DVD. Even though release day is 26 March I recommended heading to the shops today..if they're selling in Oz they must be selling elsewhere...

Strangely, this is the first DVD where I haven't preordered or rushed to the store...

Think it's going to be a summed 5.1 mix like RiR (upon stereo playback it will mix in the side and LFE channels usually, 3, 6 or 4,5 decibel). Dolby Digital is not audibly lossy anyway so no need to go bananas over it.
(removed previous content, mixed things up a bit)

Edit: With that being said, I'd rather have one track specifically mixed for stereo.

Strangely, this is the first DVD where I haven't preordered or rushed to the store...

It's the same for me. When I look at CD 2, I just feel disappointed. It's as generic as it gets (apart from WTWWB which I very much dislike).

It's the same for me. When I look at CD 2, I just feel disappointed. It's as generic as it gets (apart from WTWWB which I very much dislike).
Agreed, while they are all kickass songs, I already have them. Lots of them in multiple editions, save for the Final Frontier songs..

A few of the songs can be found on Youtube (only audio at the moment though, there are none from the DVD or Blu-Ray that I can find.) El Dorado sounds absolutely brilliant live, just as it did on the tour!

Just watched the Blu-ray and I'm absolutely not shocked to say it is a stunning effort from the best damn band ever. So many moments to savor and that audience... amazing. 5/5.

I have listened to the whole CD twice now since last night. And I have to say it is some of the best Maiden live I have ever heard. Particularly the "The Final Frontier" songs themselves, but also another chilling performance of Dance of Death, Blood Brothers, and probably one of the greatest Hallowed Be Thy Name live performances I've ever heard. The lyrics sound slowed down just a wee bit, which is good because when they are rushed (like in so many live versions before), Bruce sounds really struggled in spitting all that out so quickly.

Back