Iron Maiden - EN VIVO - Live from Estadio Nacional, Santiago!!

UpTheIrons

Ancient Mariner
The long anticipated live DVD will be released on CD, DVD and Blu-Ray on March 26th! Full details can be found on the official site!

On Disc 2 of the DVD and Blu-Ray there is an 88 minute long documentary entitled "Behind The Beast" which is packed with behind the scenes footage from the tour. In addition to this there is an extended version of The Final Frontier promo video, a behind the scenes film about the making of the video and the tour's intro video.

I'm glad to hear that this live album will be released soon and that it includes all sorts of extras!

I am semi-excited about it. Looking forward to the documentary and that I only saw leg one of the tour live, so seeing the rest of the TFF songs will be nice. I do wish they would have released a longer live album that included the AMOLAD songs played on the first leg as well to get more variety in the live releases.

I expect this will be better than Death on the Road, but nowhere as good as Rock in Rio

^ They will never top Rock in Rio unless they play Sign of the Cross and The Clansman in the same set again.

I thought the setlist from the first leg of the tour was epic also, it's a shame we'll never get to see those.

I expect this will be better than Death on the Road, but nowhere as good as Rock in Rio

I agree completely, Rock In Rio is my favourite of Maiden's live albums, the setlist is just fantastic and the performances of all the band members are incredible. I've been looking forward to this release for quite a while but I don't think it will be able to beat RiR in terms of sheer quality.

I'm glad for this release but I hope that there's more to expect during 2012. (no touring at all? )

I'm fairly sure the Blu-ray contains all the documentary stuff on the same disc, but the article implies that only the DVD version has all the extras.

Muhahaha. Iron Maiden is once again not that choosy with their release formats:

In addition to the Blu-Ray, the 2DVD will initially be available as a Limited Edition double DVD in Collectors Steel book case and Double Vinyl Picture Disc. As well as a traditional 2CD Soundtrack album, EN VIVO! will also be available as a Digital Download, CD soundtrack album and Digital Download Video.
- - - - - - -

Is that all??

Pardon me? Besides the 2CD Soundtrack album (what a pompous term!) I can also buy a CD soundtrack album? Duh! That would be something: a possible tracklist without The Talisman! :D

And there was much rejoicing. :) Bring it on, will be the cd and the dvd for me. Now all we need is tour news and new album news (i am demanding.)

We certainly won't get news of another album, but I won't give up hope of another tour until the fat lady sings.

Can we safely assume that this was what Bruce alluded to at the end of the IMTV episode?

I would assume so, personally I don't think we'll get any tour news until late summer/autumn at the earliest and that the next tour will take place throughout 2013. I'd love to be proven wrong though!

:yey:

Any live release that has Dance of Death AND Blood Brothers on it is welcome in my book.
But seriously, looking at the setlist I kinda wish there would be more Final Frontier, but you can't have everything. I'm sure it'll be another greatly enjoyable live DVD to watch and another interesting documentary (I really like those).

I wonder if Adrian will be as unhappy-looking in this documentary as he was in the video that accompanied the FF special edition.

Back