Iron Maiden Download Festival 2022 confirmed

This past year has been so f*&king difficult, what I would give right now to have a new Maiden album in my hands, a COVID vaccine in my arm, and a presale code for the new album tour in my email inbox... <_<

I would probably give up to £24.99 for the deluxe edition of the new album, the vaccine would be provided for free by the NHS this spring, and I guess the presale code would have to wait until 2022 (I would give Maiden the cost of the Fan Club resubscription for that). :D

Or "Downpoor" like Bruce said back in 2016, before saying it was Maiden's sixth time but all good things must come to an end.

Or "Downpoor" like Bruce said back in 2016, before saying it was Maiden's sixth time but all good things must come to an end.

As long as they keep on getting a nice fee for headlining they would (sadly) keep playing there.

As long as they keep on getting a nice fee for headlining they would (sadly) keep playing there.
True. Can't really blame them! And to be brutally honest being Norwegian I don't care where they play in the UK. I did see the two London shows in 2017 and I hope I get the chance to see Maiden at the O2 again, but I won't cry if that doesn't happen.

True. Can't really blame them! And to be brutally honest being Norwegian I don't care where they play in the UK. I did see the two London shows in 2017 and I hope I get the chance to see Maiden at the O2 again, but I won't cry if that doesn't happen.

As far as I am concerned, seeing Maiden indoors is much more enjoyable. The venues are usually like pressure cookers and they make the most of the light show.

As far as I am concerned, seeing Maiden indoors is much more enjoyable. The venues are usually like pressure cookers and they make the most of the light show.
Absolutely. And the smaller the better. Altough seeing Maiden at Friends Arena was an amazing experience and a pure spectacle.

With the announcements of RIR and Download, it seems that these shows are planned for the album tour (the press release from the band says nothing about LOTB tour and I doubt they will play RIR with the same tour), but who knows... It could be the 3rd (planned for 2020) leg of LOTB.

With no tours this year (most likely), I hope Maiden will release the album (near the end of this year, for example) and tour for it whenever it's possible - like many other bands do.

Might be wishful thinking on my part, but now that European festivals will start announcing plans regarding if they will go on this summer or not and those that will be postponed for 2022 will announce headliners, maybe this means we'll get more news from Maiden as well. If enough shows are announced maybe we'll get the name of the tour, new album news and more dates apart from the festivals.

Yea, it's sign that both parts promoters and bands are moving to take dates because everybody is ready to get out there once the time allows with all the guarantees, release their albums and get out there to play.

I think the Legacy of the Beast tour in Europe will be canceled and the new album will be released this summer or this Autumn because everybody have their albums already recorded or almost recorded and ready to be released. Record labels are waiting for the right moment.

If enough shows are announced maybe we'll get the name of the tour, new album news and more dates apart from the festivals.
...and the new album will be released this summer or this Autumn...
If they keep the routine of releasing the albums like that - (DOD-AMOLAD: 3 years | AMOLAD-TFF: 4 years | TFF-TBOS: 5 years | TBOS-.... 6 years in 2021), we might get the album this year. :blush:

Back