IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
Well, they're probably right. I mean, every time I've seen Maiden there are thousands of cries for, "Play classics! Play classics like Losfer Words, Flash of the Blade, Duellists, Back in the Village!"

Wow. I definitely prefer SSOASS to Powerslave, but I can't really complain about either one taking the top spot. Both are far more deserving that SiT.

The good:

Powerslave won! :clap:

The bad:

AMOLAD and PoM too high.
BNW and SiT too low.
No Prayer wasn't last or second last.
A couple of nitpicks.

I looked at all 3 Iron Maiden album survivors (as Mosh linked to above) and found some interesting stats:

- Powerslave is the aggregate winner across all 3 (#2 in 2011, #3 in 2013 and #1 now)
- Somewhere in Time (#1, #1, #5) and 7th Son (#3, #2, #2) tied for the next best
- Somewhere in Time was the biggest fall from last time (#1 to #5)
- The biggest gainer this time was AMOLAD which went from #5 to #3
- In fact AMOLAD is the only album to increase its standing each time (#6 to #5 to #3)
- Conversely The Final Frontier has slipped each time (#5 in 2011, to #6 in '13 and #9 this year)
- Piece of Mind (#4), Number of the Beast (#8) and Iron Maiden (#10) held the same rank in all 3 incarnations
- No Prayer, Fear of the Dark, and Virtual XI each lost one year. They made up the bottom 3 in every game
- Dance of Death and Killers were the next lowest ranked

To add to my prior post, the following is the aggregate ranking of Iron Maiden albums based on 3 survivors:
1) Powerslave
2 (tie) Somewhere in Time / 7th Son of a 7th Son
4) Piece of Mind
5) A Matter of Life and Death
6 (tie) Brave New World / The Final Frontier
8) The Book of Souls
9) The Number of the Beast
10) The X-Factor
11) Iron Maiden
12) Dance of Death
13) Killers
14 (tie) No Prayer for the Dying / Fear of the Dark / Virtual XI

1: Powerslave
2: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
3: A Matter of Life and Death
4: Piece of Mind
5: Somewhere In Time
6: Brave New World
7: The Book of Souls
8: Number of the Beast
9: The Final Frontier
10: Iron Maiden
11: The X Factor
12: Dance of Death
13: Killers
14: No Prayer For the Dying
15: Fear of the Dark
16: Virtual XI

And we have a winner! Very interesting results this time around. Thanks for playing everyone!

My personal ranking would look more like this:

1: Piece of Mind (tie)
2: A Matter of Life and Death (tie)
3: Powerslave
4: Somewhere In Time
5: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
6: The Final Frontier
7: The Book of Souls
8: Brave New World
9: Killers
10: Number of the Beast
11: The X Factor
12: Iron Maiden
13: Dance of Death
14: No Prayer For the Dying
15: Virtual XI
16: Fear of the Dark

At least that's how I feel today. I'm pretty satisfied overall though, Glad to see Somewhere In Time knocked down to a more appropriate position. My top 5 changes all the time, it's always those 5 albums they're very close. Sometimes I also prefer TFF to SSOASS and even SIT, so those are close too.

I could be more satisfied (mostly to do with Brave New World and Book of Souls, which should both be in the top five at least), but overall Killers ended up in the lower third - so I'm content.

Of course it did. Its the best Iron Maiden album.

1) Powerslave
2) AMOLOD
3) the rest of the 80's
4) The rest since 2000
5) NPFTD

-------------------------
9) Everything else

I'm generally satisfied. The top 2 are spot-on, and I have no issues with AMOLAD at #3. The Book of Souls should have been higher, at least top 5, and Piece of Mind and BNW were both way to high for my tastes. I also rate Dance of Death much higher than just about everyone else, but I can't say that I was expecting it do very well here.

Other than that, everything is about where it should be. :)

Not satisfied. I don't recall having seen so much lack of appreciation for the Blaze era since I am on this forum. Going dohoown, going dohoohohoown indeed.

It still strikes me somewhat to see that a growing group of people are so focused on most albums Bruce and Adrian are on. Of course, let everybody enjoy what they did! But it's a pity that this can overshadow the rest.

On Somewhere in Time: Certainly, there must have been several people who are not that fond of the album, but who never played the previous editions. And the people who supported it in previous editions were absent this time.

Last edited:
Back