IRON MAIDEN ALBUMS SURVIVOR: POWERSLAVE WINS

Satisfied?

• Total voters
The over appreciation of Brave New World on this forums never ceases to amaze me. Most of our regulars became fans when that was actual, and aren't really objective.
Brave New World doesn't have the punch of 80's works and the composition quality of 'reunion' works is yet to be achieved.

I can't believe that after 70+ votes BNW is leading.
As I've said before, in my book it doesn't compare well with The Chemical Wedding, let alone '83-'88 Maiden records.

The over appreciation of Brave New World on this forums never ceases to amaze me. Most of our regulars became fans when that was actual, and aren't really objective.
Well good thing this isn't objective.

I've uncovered an ancient artifact for this occasion, the Bird of Objectivity.
Its divine verdict;

img_KWhQLQ.jpg

Brave New World doesn't have the punch of 80's works and the composition quality of 'reunion' works is yet to be achieved.
I completely agree with you here. Everyone seems to love the album, but I just can't find the same level of appreciation. I vastly prefer DoD, and ever other reunion album for that matter.

I'll start voting for it as soon as The X Factor finally departs..

As I've said before, in my book it doesn't compare well with The Chemical Wedding, let alone '83-'88 Maiden records.

The first out and out classic reunion period Maiden isn't until AMOLOD. 3 smashes in a row imnsho. Been a fan since Seventh Son so that should count for something. ;)

It's good but overrated.
I've been voting for it from the beginning

I gave AMOLAD a spin yesterday and I feel like I haven't been doing it justice. And I had it in my Top 5 prior to that listen. I did it right after listening to my favorite Maiden album, which is Somewhere in Time, and AMOLAD certainly belongs in the conversation for best Maiden album.

Fucking masterpiece of an album.

I just listened to AMOLAD for the first time in a long time.
Travis The Dragon
desultory
Unknown One
Whooten
RTC
jazz from hell
Spaniard in the Works
you guys seem like nice folk, but you need to to get your ears checked.

It is a nice and very heavy album. Nicko's drumming is immense.
Some songs like Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, Out Of The Shadows, Lord Of Light and The Longest Day are a bit long and a bit repetitive, but nonetheless very good. A more hands on producer might have helped them to stop repeating the fucking chorus. 4 times is enough already.

I absolutely adore The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg. The Legacy is interesting too. Very unlike other Maiden songs.

Different World, The Pilgrim and For The Greater Good Of God are not to my liking, especially the latter which I loathe. '
It's no top 10 album for me. I much prefer the likes of Fear of the Dark and Killers.

AMOLAD is good, it does have that repetetive chorus problem though. However I absolutely love 8/10 of the songs on it, so I won't be voting for it for a couple more rounds.

These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Longest Day, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg and Lord of Light are 5/5 songs for me. The Legacy is not quite there but it's a very good track as well. Just a fantastic group of songs.

Back