Illegal inmigrants in the U.S.

While reading some of the posts here, I realized we are in BIG TROUBLE, why is that?, well democracy failed (because of corruption, we vote, yes, but sometimes our vote is not taken into consideration, because someone might "buy" the election), comunism failed aswell, I think it is kinda hard get the same things everyone gets, because you forget about motivation, dictatorrships, also failed (Just look at Cuba), we had once a dictatorship here in Mexico, and while we got many economical increases, the people of that time were victims of racism.

The point of this post is: What kind of government can possibly success?

[!--quoteo(post=128808:date=Feb 11 2006, 03:14 PM:name=Metal_made)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Metal_made @ Feb 11 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]128808[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]The point of this post is: What kind of government can possibly success?
[/quote]
Has anarchy ever been tried? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Yes, in small vilages and stuff like that... It worked wonders in small comunities. However, on large scale it would be even more ineficcient than the systems used today

I don't see cuba as a failure at all, on the contrary, that little island has kept on chugging for nearly 50 years under Castro! I think it's size both geographically and population have something to do with it.

Well, I think any form of gouverment can work on a small scale. Athens prooved that democracy can work at a small level, Cuba prooved communism can work for a small small comunity, villages deep in the mountains with no contact with the outside world prooved anarchy works just as well for them. This has to do with human construction. Humans are only semi-social beings, meaning they are more like wolves, being used to live in "packs" rather than social insects, like bees or ants.

That's why it's almost impossible to rule efficiently over a large number of people. Ammasing them makes them act like social insects, when they should be acting like wolves...

I hope this made sense...

[!--quoteo(post=128811:date=Feb 11 2006, 04:42 PM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Feb 11 2006, 04:42 PM) [snapback]128811[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Has anarchy ever been tried? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

What a mindless question. Ask the people in Somalia or Congo.

[!--quoteo(post=128836:date=Feb 11 2006, 10:52 PM:name=Onhell)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Feb 11 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]128836[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]I don't see Cuba as a failure at all, on the contrary...[/quote]I love Cuban culture - music, architecture, the old cars, nostalgia, rum [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /] , all of that. Yet, is it the achievement of the country's political régime that these things still exist?
Any government that oppresses human rights and freedom of speech, or lets such oppression happen, can't be called other than a failure.

EDIT in reply to Perun: That was a joke, mindless perhaps...

[!--quoteo(post=128853:date=Feb 12 2006, 12:26 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 12 2006, 12:26 PM) [snapback]128853[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
What a mindless question. Ask the people in Somalia or Congo.
[/quote]
Got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Be careful, mate. One day you'll sound exactly like me! ::

[!--quoteo(post=128858:date=Feb 12 2006, 02:26 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2006, 02:26 PM) [snapback]128858[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]

I've been ill for over a week now [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\";)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"wink.gif\" /]

Don't let it degenerate into maverickitis, commonly known as the "grumpy old bastard syndrome"! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

Don't worry, I'm just suffering the "grumpy vegetating ill bastard syndrome". It should be gone by next weekend as I'm taking medicine [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128864:date=Feb 12 2006, 03:31 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 12 2006, 03:31 PM) [snapback]128864[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]...I'm taking medicine...[/quote]Care to reveal what it is? (I know someone who could use it [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /] )

My prescription: listening to all Iron Maiden albums sequentially, from Iron Maiden to Dance Of Death, and start again from the beginning until you feel better.

Trust me, I'm a doctor. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128867:date=Feb 12 2006, 03:49 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2006, 03:49 PM) [snapback]128867[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]Trust me, I'm a doctor...[/quote]I was asking Perun, but...wow....a real one? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128867:date=Feb 12 2006, 04:49 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 12 2006, 04:49 PM) [snapback]128867[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
My prescription: listening to all Iron Maiden albums sequentially, from Iron Maiden to Dance Of Death, and start again from the beginning until you feel better.
[/quote]

I've listened to TXF and am now listening to BNW.... is the order really important? ::

[!--quoteo(post=128870:date=Feb 12 2006, 03:54 PM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Feb 12 2006, 03:54 PM) [snapback]128870[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I was asking Perun, but...wow....a real one? [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":D\" border=\"0\" alt=\"biggrin.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Nah, not a real one... or maybe. It depends on the point of view. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"^_^\" border=\"0\" alt=\"happy.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128871:date=Feb 12 2006, 03:56 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 12 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]128871[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
I've listened to TXF and am now listening to BNW.... is the order really important? ::
[/quote]
The order is vital. You have to go throught the pain of listening to No Prayer... and Fear... before you can really appreciate a masterpiece like The X Factor. Then, once you've finished with Dance Of Death, it's refreshing to start again with those great albums from the 80s.

Doctor's orders! [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

Meh. TXF was the first music I put on since Thursday. Trust me, I did appreciate it [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128874:date=Feb 12 2006, 04:22 PM:name=Perun)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Feb 12 2006, 04:22 PM) [snapback]128874[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Meh. TXF was the first music I put on since Thursday. Trust me, I did appreciate it [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":p\" border=\"0\" alt=\"tongue.gif\" /]
[/quote]
Always trust Dr. Mav to be right. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]

[!--quoteo(post=128887:date=Feb 12 2006, 09:00 PM:name=SilentLucidity)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SilentLucidity @ Feb 12 2006, 09:00 PM) [snapback]128887[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
Always trust Dr. Mav to be right. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\":)\" border=\"0\" alt=\"smile.gif\" /]
[/quote]

Dr Mav is right... and Maiden has more healing power than that ACC Long stuff I'm taking [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

Back