If Maiden played a sixth Blaze era song live with Bruce?

With how Nicko is performing on this tour, it'd be quite a good call for the band to introduce more Blaze era songs into the setlist. Most of the songs on those albums aren't very taxing.
Mostly yes, but some songs have not easy drum patterns or fast parts. Wouldn't more Reunion songs be a bit easier for him? Especially the longer ones. It's certainly more likely. Either way would be great.

Blood on the World's Hand, that would be a cool song for the audience with Steve's bass intro and everything, and I think Bruce would be able to improve the vocal melody.

More than 95 % of them would not recognize the song though. But many people going to see Maiden this year haven't heard Caught Somewhere in Time, Heaven Can Wait, Stranger in A Strange Land and Alexander the Great either (or much of the Senjutsu material for that matter), so it would not be that much of an issue. They would just think of it as one of the "newer songs".

Last edited:
One of many during the 90s!
Producing the 90s albums in his barn

Producing the blaze albums himself

Writing the angel and the Gambler to be that long

Making said song the first single in an already struggling band when Futureal could have impressed lapsed maiden fans with its catchy short rocky feel

Not tuning down for the Baritone singer who's clearly struggling

Producing the 90s albums in his barn

Producing the blaze albums himself

Writing the angel and the Gambler to be that long

Making said song the first single in an already struggling band when Futureal could have impressed lapsed maiden fans with its catchy short rocky feel

Not tuning down for the Baritone singer who's clearly struggling
A few days ago i went running listening Virtual XI and ....how many dont you think im a saviour LOL it was crazy! didnt remember how long and bad was.

Virtual XI is an album that would greatly benefit from Shirley’s production. It’s 8 fantastic songs that sound like a mix of Sonewhere in Time and Brave New World, but it’s hard to appreciate behind the limp production. That’s not even counting if you add Bruce and Adrian into that mix.

In fact, I’d LOVE to hear re-recorded studio versions of both Blaze albums with the current lineup and producer. I think Prowler 88 and Charlotte 88 are awesome sounding and I’d love that treatment on those two albums.
Mix between SIT & BNW - awesome! I agree about the re-recording with the current lineup and about the '88 versions.
Virus! That’s such a hidden gem in the Maiden catalog. But they’ll never play it.
Really strong song and one of Blaze's best performances imo. If you remove the intro (starting right from the melodic riff) and add one solo, then the song has a perfect vibe for the VXI album. Put it after The Educated Fool in the album.

Back