If Maiden get inducted to the RnR HoF...

How a group with hardly 10 million certified units in the US can claim >100 millions sold and get away with it, is beyond me.

Sorry but I don’t believe that Maiden has sold that many records.
NoTB has sold around 15 million worldwide.

NoTB has sold around 20 million worldwide.

I know that claim which has been reproduced over and over by journalists. Look at Certifications in UK, Germany, Japan etc and including USA you don’t even have 5 million. Let’s say 5. Double that it’s 10. 20 millions is too far fetched.

Right, good site, and from here we can also determine where the 15-20 million number comes from.

"At 18,739,000 EAS, The Number of the Beast is the 3rd most successful album from 1982."
So this includes all live releases, compilation releases etc of NoTB songs, converted into EAS (estimated album sales) and stacked onto the verified physical and download sales of the studio album.

CSPC-Iron-Maiden-albums-and-songs-cover.png

And we also have 56 million verified sales of all studio albums in total too.

Last edited:
Right, good site, and from here we can also determine where the 15-20 million number comes from.
CSPC-Iron-Maiden-albums-and-songs-cover.png

Yeah this method is better to determine the total album sales -sort of. Add it all up, albums, live, compilations equivalencies, singles & streaming and you can reach to almost 90 million.

However to claim that NotB has sold ~18 millions due to compilations (which includes the lives by the way) is not accurate. Then Night at the Opera would have sold double or triple what it had actually sold or Hotel California considering how massive successful Queen (highest UK ever) & Eagles (highest US ever) Greatest Hits were.

Verdict: It’s more honest to say that Maiden have sold almost 80 million units.

Last edited:
Iron Maiden description on R&RHOF website.

I still think it’s a smack in the face to poor Blaze that he’s not included in the potential inductees. He had a far greater influence and work rate in Maiden than say Dennis Stratton.

Without Blaze helping to keep the ship afloat during the turbulent 90’s we might never have had the post 2000 era.

I still think it’s a smack in the face to poor Blaze that he’s not included in the potential inductees. He had a far greater influence and work rate in Maiden than say Dennis Stratton.

Without Blaze helping to keep the ship afloat during the turbulent 90’s we might never have had the post 2000 era.
I agree with you. Blaze has written a lot of great Maiden songs during his period with the band in the 90's. He deserves to be inducted, as the band still plays "Sign Of The Cross" and "The Clansman" today, and could play "Futureal" (or "When Two Worlds Collide") on the next tour this summer. Plus, the six musicians played "Man On The Edge" on Ed Hunter Tour in 1999 and Steve Harris did thank Blaze in 'Senjutsu' booklet. That shows the great respect Maiden has for Blaze.

The fact that Dennis and Paul will be inducted is due to the fact that they were members of the band respectively on the 1st and on the both first albums. That's all. And it's fair. But, of course, it should be more fair that Blaze, who was an important member in a pivotal period of band's career, would have to be inducted as well. And, IMHO, the band will ask the HOF to induct Blaze before being officially inducted in october.

Last edited:
How a group with hardly 10 million certified units in the US can claim >100 millions sold and get away with it, is beyond me.

Sorry but I don’t believe that Maiden has sold that many records.

That number of records sold is only in Rod’s imagination (and press releases).

Back