If Iron Maiden played one album in its entirety...

Let’s see... if this was the ‘80s I’d have said Powerslave.

If this was the ‘90s I’d have said The X Factor.

Maiden is different beast now than back then, however, so I’ll go with The Book of Souls. Honestly, that entire album is filled with material that would work well in a live environment and would’ve been a cooler setlist than the actual tour had (though that was still good).

I would say SIT because it is the only classic 80's album that was never represented properly enough through the years....but a complete run through of TBOS would be awesome.

It was amazing to see AMOLAD performed from start to finish, and I wouldn't mind experiencing that again. Otherwise I'd pick Seventh Son (for obvious reasons) or Powerslave (as it's my favourite album).

As much as I love both, I wouldn't pick TBOS or X Factor - I can't explain why, but I don't think they'd work as well as the others if performed in their entirety.

For me, it is the most magical album by Maiden - Brave New World !

Last edited:
I'd love to be able to see AMOLAD show and obviously SIT would be great to see in it's entirety, but I have to go with...

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.

Yes, that era was more or less appropriately revisited with Maiden England tour, but The omitted Infinite Dreams and a live debut of Only the Good Die Young would be something absolutely amazing... I've always felt that of all the songs they didn't pick for setlist whenever new album was out and tour setlist took it's shape, Only the Good Die Young is one of those songs that would definitely have worked in the live set. You know, Alexander and The Propechy are easy to understand, but Only the Good Die Young would have closed the Seventh Son portion of the set so well... And we can just imagine how awesome it would have been in 2012-13/14.

It would be perfection as a one-off thing or a short summer tour or something... The show itself would cost a fortune though.

Seven deadly sins intro with flames/candles burning, similar to IESF/TBOS during TBOS tour)
1. Moonchild (w/ pyro)
2. Infinite Dreams (w/ something like the original backdrop)
3. Can I Play With Madness (w/ single artwork, possibly the icy version used during ME tour, pyro)
4. The Evil That Men Do (w/ single artwork)
5. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (scribe Eddie, candles, pyro...)
6. The Propechy (w/ landscape backdrop, perhaps something similar to Infinite Dreams)
7. The Clairvoyant (w/ single artwork or alternatively just keep that beautiful etheric landscape)
8. Only the Good Die Young (w/ see above +
Seven deadly sins outro w/ flames/candles)
--
9. The Number of the Beast (pyro, flames)
10. Fear of the Dark
11. Hallowed be thy Name
12. Iron Maiden (pyro, Eddie + ice sculptures)
--
13. The Wicker Man/If Eternity Should Fail (w/ Wicker Man prop?)
14. Powerslave (pyro)
15. Wasted Years

I've always felt that of all the songs they didn't pick for setlist whenever new album was out and tour setlist took it's shape, Only the Good Die Young is one of those songs that would definitely have worked in the live set. You know, Alexander and The Propechy are easy to understand, but Only the Good Die Young would have closed the Seventh Son portion of the set so well... And we can just imagine how awesome it would have been in 2012-13/14.
I always thought "Only the Good Die Young" would've been just perfect as the last encore, on the original Seventh Tour. Fantastic way to close the show.

I hope they don't do this.

I enjoyed AMOLAD, and I've seen a few bands do some classic albums:
Dio- Holy Diver
Blue Oyster Cult: Agents of Fortune
WASP : the Crimson Idol

and I've come to the conclusion that such gigs leave me unfulfilled. Firstly, once the album kicks off you know exactly what's going to happen for the next x amount of time, there's no element of surprise. Secondly, it leaves no room in the set for any other deep cuts as the bands feel obliged to include the hits. Thirdly, you can end up with the "crowd pleaser" in some arseways position in the set, for example Holy diver and Don't Fear the Reaper being played when the gig has barely started.

Back