If Iron Maiden played one album in its entirety...

Gotta be Somewhere in Time for me. That album has been criminally underrepresented in their live sets since... well, always!

The only problem with SIT live is that they won't have that awesome guitar tone, and Janick will likely butcher some of Adrian's beautiful solos...

Don't get me wrong - I love Janick. Just not when he butchers Adrian's solos.

The guitar tone and reverb-y production are integral parts of SIT for me. I can overlook it for one song like wasted years in their current set, but if they're going to do the entire album, it would sound weird with their current dry tone.

Totally agree though that the album is always under represented, and the third guitarist would come in handy on any of those tunes.

Other than Tailgunner and Bring Your Daughter there isn't really any good live recordings from this album. Fates Warning, Run Silent/Run Deep, No Prayer for the Dying and Mother Russia are really good tracks.
Not sure what you mean by "good" (recording quality or performance itself?) but apart from the obvious "Tailgunner" and "Bring..." (featured on A Real Live One and Live At Donington), "Holy Smoke", "No Prayer For The Dying", "Public Enema Number One", "The Assassin" and "Hooks in You" were released in official live versions as B-sides to the singles from Fear of the Dark and A Real Live One... so, if I'm not mistaken ALL the songs from the album that have ever been played live.

Start from this page and go forward in the singles chronology: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_Here_to_Eternity_(Iron_Maiden_song) ;)

This below is a good bootleg that comprises all the songs mentioned above (apart, surprisingly, from "Bring..."):

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong - I love Janick. Just not when he butchers Adrian's solos.

The guitar tone and reverb-y production are integral parts of SIT for me. I can overlook it for one song like wasted years in their current set, but if they're going to do the entire album, it would sound weird with their current dry tone.

Totally agree though that the album is always under represented, and the third guitarist would come in handy on any of those tunes.

I have heard all of the SIT songs played by cover bands with other equipment and you are right, the sound sucks.... The only way to do it is to pull out some GK 250MLs.... Janick would need to handle rhythm sections and maybe the solo on ATG since Adrian is prone to forgetting it... :D

AMOLAD was already performed live in it's entirety and there was a video released. I'd be happy if Maiden just issued a live album of that tour. I thought the Final Frontier was a bit of a letdown in terms of song quality. Other than Starblind there's nothing else I want to hear live that's not already available. Book of Souls would make for a long concert. Shadows of the Valley and Empire of the Clouds would be great to hear live, but I just saw that tour and I don't want to go through all the same songs again.

What video was released for the AMOLAD tour? I only have bootleg videos of this tour ;)

Not sure what you mean by "good" (recording quality or performance itself?) but apart from the obvious "Tailgunner" and "Bring..." (featured on A Real Live One and Live At Donington), "Holy Smoke", "No Prayer For The Dying", "Public Enema Number One", "The Assassin" and "Hooks in You" were released in official live versions as B-sides to the singles from Fear of the Dark and A Real Live One... so, if I'm not mistaken ALL the songs from the album that have ever been played live.

By "good" I mean sound quality. The B-sides with live singles have terrible sound quality. The bootleg I have of the concert isn't much better sounding either. All of them sound like they were recorded on a Walkman then transferred to CD. I'd like to get something with some better sound quality, even if it's only up to Real Live/Real Dead One sound quality.

What video was released for the AMOLAD tour? I only have bootleg videos of this tour ;)

I was in a used record store about a year ago. I saw a used DVD that had a live recording of the AMOLAD tour. It had a black and white cover with a picture of Bruce front and center. I think it was called From the Vault: Live from Milan 2006. I assumed it was an official recording but it may have been a bootleg. I nearly bought it, but I decided to go look for a new copy of it on Amazon. When I returned to the record store the DVD was gone.

I was in a used record store about a year ago. I saw a used DVD that had a live recording of the AMOLAD tour. It had a black and white cover with a picture of Bruce front and center. I think it was called From the Vault: Live from Milan 2006. I assumed it was an official recording but it may have been a bootleg. I nearly bought it, but I decided to go look for a new copy of it on Amazon. When I returned to the record store the DVD was gone.

It's a bootleg, not an official release. Second-hand record stores sell those all the time.

Good job you didn't buy it. Definitely a bootleg. I am sure you would be able to find it online somewhere ;)

For me it would have to be Somewhere in Time, but since there are number of reasons why this is never gonna happen, I'll go with Brave New World. It's just pure perfection, and all the songs would sound great while being played live.

Back