If Eternity Should Fail

How good is If Eternity Should Fail on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
I think I can say with a marginal degree of euphoria-soaked confidence that this is the best opener they ever had.

Maybe this should've been the first single, not SoL ???

Just take out the intro and outro and it would be the perfect length. It would've hyped up the album much more than SoL

But maybe it would've raised expectations too high as its a top 3 song on the
I really hope they'll use it as a show opener. It would be epic.

They will. I guarantee it

Arena goes dark, synth comes out of nowhere, the melody starts, Bruce appears under a spotlight on stage, does his solo bit then when the heavy bit kicks in, lights on, band appear from nowhere

Arena goes dark, synth comes out of nowhere, the melody starts, Bruce appears under a spotlight on stage, does his solo bit then when the heavy bit kicks in, lights on, band appear from nowhere

Eh, knowing my favourite East Enders, they'll play the intro on tape and then run onstage together when the heavy part kicks off.

Yeah, the intro works better on album than it would live, at least as show opener.

Playing the intro live to do the song as an encore would be cool, but Maiden always opens with the opener.

Eh, knowing my favourite East Enders, they'll play the intro on tape and then run onstage together when the heavy part kicks off.

That is what I am thinking as well ... should be cool. I would be pretty shocked if that is not exactly how the show opens.

It will be very very good if, going live like THIS

- Lights out
- Intro Classical (like other tours)
- Intro keyboards live....
- Bruce at backstage singing along
- When the songs explodes every one knows what happens

IT WILL BE F*NG EPIC

Bruce really shines in this song. The song itself is awesome. Perhaps a little more verse and a little less chorus?? Should be a great one live, I look forward to see Bruce running into the stage and start out with this gem!

I'm a guitarist but didn't really notice it lol, I guess it's only one guitar tuned down though so it's not going to be overpowering

From what I gather from the article (and Wikipedia, which led me there) it's all three of them in drop D, which is why I mentioned it, seeing as it's well known that H uses this tuning quite a lot. I've not tried learning the song yet, so can't comment for certain that it is indeed a triple drop D assault, this is pure speculation on my part.
Anyway, regardless of the tuning, it's still the greatest album opener in years!

Least favorite song so far. Not digging the outro. Creepy as hell and adds zilch to the song in my opinion. The song just seams too sluggish to me as a starter. I assume they will open with this, but I'd rather have the great unknown as an album and concert opener. Too bad, I really was anticipating this song. I'm sure it will grow, but disappointed (with this song) so far. Only song under 8/10...I give it a 5/10.

Edit: more listens..it's up to 7/10!

Last edited:
Back