If Bruce sang a sixth blaze song live?

I would have gone with "The Edge of Darkness" (one of the best Blaze-era songs in my opinion) but I think Bruce wouldn't be able but to disappoint on "Here I am the knife in my hand and now I understand with the genius must die".
So I would choose "Fortunes of War" on which I think he could do actually better than Blaze, given his delivery.

I will go for Judgement of Heaven....

Or perhaps the following....

Dream of Mirrors
The Mercenary
Blood Brothers
The Nomad

Just joking btw. Plus Maiden have already played three of those live.
Being slightly anarchic there.

'The Aftermath', 'When two worlds colide', 'Blood on the world hands', 'Fortunes of War' I could see Bruce being able to sing these songs right now in his age and with his curent voice range.
Some other songs I think he maybe could of sang maybe in the early 2000's but no longer in the 2010's are 'Lightning strikes twice' (not because its a song that only blaze can sing , no not at all , it's that chorus, that even Blaze struggled with BADLY) and maybe 'Judgement day' although that song was never played live so probably not?

I'd like to hear Judgement Day, but probably the best would be Edge of Darkness.

The Educated Fool...

I think Bruce would do an great version of this... If he sang the high harmony part of the chorus it would be amazing live.

Doubt it will ever happend, but The edge of darkness would be really cool with Bruce! Or Justice of the peace

Definitely- Judgment of Heaven. My favourite song from Blaze era, very catchy and with great melodies. But, it wasn't played live back in the day, so this is never gonna happen.

Probably ''When Two Worlds Collide'' (''The Edge Of Darkness'' is worth a mention - will match Bruce's voice imo... / BOTWH too).

I prefer the most ''Judgement Of Heaven'', but I don't think his vocals will suits this song.

The Educated Fool...

I think Bruce would do an great version of this... If he sang the high harmony part of the chorus it would be amazing live.

I agree 100%. He'd own that chorus. I've always felt The Educated Fool would be perfect.

It would have been great having Blaze and Bruce singing The Educated Fool Together with the armonies. Como Estais Amigos is pretty popular in South America and could be a nice choice but I doubt Bruce have the right voice for it. In The last tour I don't think he did great versions of Sign of The Cross and The Clansman either but still enjoyable. His version of Lord Of The Flies was a train wreck to me. The Same Would happen for Fortunes Of War . It is meant to be sung with a baritone voice

It would have been great having Blaze and Bruce singing The Educated Fool Together with the armonies. Como Estais Amigos is pretty popular in South America and could be a nice choice but I doubt Bruce have the right voice for it. In The last tour I don't think he did great versions of Sign of The Cross and The Clansman either but still enjoyable. His version of Lord Of The Flies was a train wreck to me. The Same Would happen for Fortunes Of War . It is meant to be sung with a baritone voice
It's kind of strange to live in an age where Bruce is struggling on Blaze material.

If this was, say, 10 years ago and aging vocal cords wasn't an issue, I'd go with Edge of Darkness, Look for the Truth, Lightning Strikes Twice, and Como Estais Amigos--the latter is very anthemic and Bruce does anthemic songs quite well. I'd also throw a completely rearranged Angel and the Gambler into the ring that was a tad lengthier than the single edit so it doesn't cut out the quiet part and leaves a little room for crowd participation...but not nearly 10 minutes of it.

Back