Iced Earth

EDIT: Nice timing, @Diesel 11 :D

Sounds like he heard before it came out in the media, but only just before. According to this interview, Schaffer emailed him at 5:30pm and by 5:40pm he already had friends asking about it (meaning Schaffer had already told the media).

And firing him via email? What a fucking turd.

Also. Iced Earth is the only band I've ever seen getting properly booed. They played a 40 minute set on a 75 min slot.

Well, sounds like Schaffer's level of douchebag was sky high even then.
Honestly I'd say that these last few years have been his most mellow. Schaffer has been crazy since he founded the band, just back then he was pissed off because he felt like nobody appreciated him, and now he's pissed off because the government is corrupt, lol. I read an interview from just after Horror Show's release that basically went like this: "Horror Show is dumb and I hated writing it so I had Matt write most of it for me. Speaking of which, I am Iced Earth, no one else. I could fire Matt today and he knows it, it's all about me."

Jump cut: "No Matt please don't leave me I love you!!!" :eek:

And then after they split it was all "lol Matt who gives a fuck about Matt, Ripper is THE MAN!" Until suddenly it's "Matt and I are brothers, Ripper is cool but it's not the saaaaame." Thank fucking god that Matt's second exit wasn't tied up in all this bullshit. I really think that starting around Matt's second coming Schaffer started to calm down about all this shit, only he took the old him and planted it into conspiracy theories instead. Fucking hell.

Imagine a band with Schaffer, Mustaine, Portnoy or Lars, Tate and... Well, some famous ass of a bass player (are there any known to be on the same level as the rest?). What a treat.

Gotta wonder if Ripper is also a douche or if he just has colossally bad judgment. Joins Priest, gets canned. Joins Iced Earth, gets canned. Joins Yngwie, gets canned. Tours with Blaze and Geoff Tate, says he’ll never do business with Tate again. Steals the “Three Tremors” idea, shamelessly destroys it with a shitty album. Hmm.

Gotta wonder if Ripper is also a douche or if he just has colossally bad judgment. Joins Priest, gets canned. Joins Iced Earth, gets canned. Joins Yngwie, gets canned. Tours with Blaze and Geoff Tate, says he’ll never do business with Tate again. Steals the “Three Tremors” idea, shamelessly destroys it with a shitty album. Hmm.
Do tell.

Edit: https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/tim-ripper-owens-i-wont-be-working-with-geoff-tate-again/
What a surprise. Geoff turned megalomaniac again.

Reactions: Jer
He's a Trump supporter who has ranted on Twitter about Stephen King and had spats with fans who were like "dude chill". So uhhhh... yeah.
Not the same kind of douchebaggery though. Tim is more like that gifted friend who sometimes has bad luck with thinking.
Day after the election he posted a youtube video of the Priest song "Subterfuge". I called him out on it and he was like "I don't talk politics on my page!" Yeah, right...

A principled rebel would refuse to respect the authority of a supposedly illegitimate government and wouldn’t collude with them to reduce his sentence. Guess Schaffer’s an AOC-loving libtard sheep after all. Sad! :ninja:

God dammit. I thought the point of getting a plea deal will be that he is not going to jail. Hope Barlow's voice holds up until Jon is out of prison.

This guy here says it means he won't be going to prison after all.

Now he'll be hated by both sides, by the liberals for the crime itself, by Trumpsters for snitching. That's really metal IMO.

Less than 4 months in jail for trying to (however pathetically) overthrow your government is horseshit if you ask me. But I think NP’s right, Schaffer’s burned his bridges on both sides, so he may have difficulty making a living from here on out.

Less than 4 months in jail for trying to (however pathetically) overthrow your government is horseshit if you ask me.
Just for the record, I agree! He should be in there for life.

However, I also like Iced Earth and wanna see them live with Barlow, so I'm being biased here :p

Back