Iced Earth

Dr. Eddies Wingman

Brighter than thousand_suns
He admitted Schaffer "used bad judgment that day" by bringing "bear spray" into the Capitol, but insisted he was only intending to use it for protection.
Protection against who? The Capitol police? Wonder what his former bandmate and polie officer would think about that.

Reactions: Jer

LooseCannon

Enterprise-class aircraft carrier
Staff member
Does Danko go around telling Ted Nugent he's a fake musician? I mean, Nugent is absolutely an abhorrent person, but the music, you know, fucking exists.

Perun

Dominus et deus
Staff member
Man remember when we all thought the dumbest thing Jon Schaffer was doing was releasing Iced Earth patented hot sauce? Good times.

If somebody had told me then that Schaffer would be in jail two months later, I'd have said "come on, consumerism may be the downfall of human society, but other people did far worse to promote it..."

Diesel 11

As you scream into the web of silence...
Man, remember when we all thought the dumbest thing Jon Schaffer did was Sons of Liberty? Rad times.
I read through this whole thread a couple months ago. Everyone was really in an uproar and then mellowed and now it’s come full circle lol.

Diesel 11

Man, remember when we thought the dumbest thing Jon Schaffer did was release a book of written lyrics and a CD of himself narrating those lyrics over music? Good times.
Hey, that might've been a dumb idea, but a so-dumb-it's-good kind of idea. I was seriously contemplating a purchase for the hell of it. Looked dope.

Also - remember when we thought the dumbest thing Jon Schaffer did was get back together with Barlow just to record Christmas music? Good times.

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
Remember when we thought the dumbest thing he did was fire Tim Owens and not tell him and he found out through the band message board? Fun times

Yax

Ancient Mariner
Remember when we thought the dumbest thing he did was fire Tim Owens and not tell him and he found out through the band message board? Fun times
I thought Jon called him up the day before christmas or something like that and just fired him. This sounds even juicier.

Diesel 11

I thought Jon called him up the day before christmas or something like that and just fired him. This sounds even juicier.
IIRC it was right around Christmas and he'd been preparing for weeks to drive over to the studio which was some hours away, and right on the morning he was supposed to go he logged online and found a ton of messages from fans telling him how sorry they were / wishing him luck etc and that was how he found out he was fired.