Iced Earth

What an awesome show.I wish I could see them more times - Jon promised that it won't take too long before they return.Those that attended the 2nd Athens show were the lucky ones as they got the 20-song set.But I don't mind.The band was on fire, Stu is an amazing singer full of energy, his performance on ALL songs was phenomenal and he has definitely proven himself.Festivals of the Wicked was released only a few months ago but I'm already expecting a live album with Stu.  :clap:

Anyone know the circumstances of why Randall Shawver left / got fired from Iced Earth? I can't find anything on the subject.

I just listened to my first Iced Earth album today! Night of the Stormrider.  :edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal:

It was really good.

Sorry, got sick morning after the concert, forgot to post :)

I came to the venue late, so there were no CD's of Dante's Inferno 2011 left for sale :( Also, it seems that White Wizzard are the troublemakers on this tour, since they didn't play at all, so Fury UK played for an hour. Iced Earth's setlist was like this:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iced-eart ... 1d9c7.html

All the songs on the setlists are cool, though none of my favorites were included :( Dante's Inferno was awesome, of course :innocent:

Performance was top-notch. Stu sounded great, as I said before he fits much better than Ripper, both vocally and as a frontman. New songs had a very good reception, as did Stu himself. I will always prefer Barlow, but Stu is the best replacement they could get. Other members were great too, of course. Schaffer only got to announce
Watching Over Me
, didn't speak at all except for that.
Btw. we are so far the only city on tour that got a second encore :yey: B)

Mosh said:
I just listened to my first Iced Earth album today! Night of the Stormrider.  :edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal:

It was really good.
You only just started listening to them? :eek: Where have you been?

You did, however, choose a good starting point: 'Night of the Stormrider' is their best album in my opinion.

Mosh said:
I just listened to my first Iced Earth album today! Night of the Stormrider.  :edmetal: :edmetal: :edmetal:

It was really good.

Ah finally. :)  This is probably my favourite IE album.

Night Prowler said:
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/iced-eart ... 1d9c7.html

All the songs on the setlists are cool, though none of my favorites were included :( Dante's Inferno was awesome, of course :innocent:

Great setlist. It took 13 years to get rid of the Something Wicked overemphasis.  :edmetal:

Forostar said:
It took 13 years to get rid of the Something Wicked overemphasis.  :edmetal:
:eek: I love Something Wicked Trilogy - if I had a choice, I'd choose it over Dante's Inferno.

Not me. Every time I saw them again we got that trilogy. Even when Gettysburg was played. It was overkill (like the ever returning Fear of the Dark in Iron Maiden's set) and because of its length it took away too much of the set.

I understand the technical difficulties of not playing Dante's Inferno so long but the alternative situation certainly was not ideal.

Forostar said:
Ah finally. :)  This is probably my favourite IE album.
Yes it's been a long time coming. I've been spinning it a few times today as well, very good album.

Forostar said:
Not me. Every time I saw them again we got that trilogy. Even when Gettysburg was played. It was overkill (like the ever returning Fear of the Dark in Iron Maiden's set) and because of its length it took away too much of the set.

I understand the technical difficulties of not playing Dante's Inferno so long but the alternative situation certainly was not ideal.
Well, I think that if I saw them multiple times, I'd probably be bored too... Anyway, did you listen to Dystopia yet? :)

I confess to thee: still not.  :S

I am afraid that I have quite some other albums laying around here which I prefer to hear first, for the first time.
(old stuff mostly; Jethro Tull, Status Quo but also lots of jazz).

I promise I'll get around to it sometime but it really might be long still ... I'll get back to you about it one day.  :ok:

I got the 'Festivals of the Wicked' DVD for Christmas and started watching it today.

I find it hilarious that Jon Schaffer seriously considered joining the military after the World Trade Centre attacks. The benefit to us if he had followed through with that is that we would have been spared 'Framing Armageddon' and 'The Crucible of Man'. Just imagine...

I liked the story about Brent Smedley having 'Last December' as his answering machine message when Jon phoned him to invite him to join the band.:lol:

Of the three concerts I have only watched the Metalcamp show so far. The sound quality is excellent, as is the image quality (unlike 'Alive an Athens'). However, I would have liked to hear the crowd a bit more during the songs.

'Come What May' is an awesome song but the rest of 'The Crucible of Man' simply doesn't do anything for me. It seemed like a waste of Barlow's vocals. I think the debut is ok and there are some really good songs on it, mainly 'When the Night Falls' which was amazing to see played live this year!:rocker:

1. Night Of The Stormrider
2. The Dark Saga
3. Horror Show
4. Something Wicked This Way Comes
5. Burnt Offerings
6. Framing Armageddon
7. The Crucible Of Man
8. The Glorious Burden
9. Iced Earth
Update:
1. The Dark Saga
2. Night Of The Stormrider
3. Horror Show
4. Something Wicked This Way Comes
5. The Crucible Of Man
6. Dystopia
7. Burnt Offerings
8. The Glorious Burden
9. Framing Armageddon
10. Iced Earth

My Iced Earth albums list goes:

1. Night of the Stormrider
2. Burnt Offerings
3. Something Wicked This Way Comes
4. Dystopia
5. The Dark Saga
6. Iced Earth
7. Horror Show
8. Framing Armageddon
9. The Glorious Burden
10. The Crucible of Man

And Night Prowler, you missed out an album. ;)

Back