Iced Earth

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by Forostar, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Night Prowler

Night Prowler CriedWhenBazzaSued Staff Member

The British dude is so annoying. Said it before, but that's the biggest reason why I haven't heard all the podcasts so far.

2. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Do you mean Luke Appleton, or is there a British guy who makes the podcast?

3. Night Prowler

The British guy who makes the podcast.

4. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

Ah, I've never listened to it.

The next Demons and Wizards album will be released in January next year. So they still have to finish this album, tour over summer, release it and then probably tour some more? It'll be a long time before Iced Earth and Blind Guardian are back. ::)

5. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

A FOUR hour podcast? Holy shit.

terrell39 likes this.
  6. Night Prowler

I've listened to about an hour of it so far. He talks about his plans for re-recording, how the Purgatory thing came about, new vinyl re-releases, Demons & Wizards plans etc.

7. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

But he recently said all this to the same guys. Is this the same podcast? Hmm my phone does not open this in YT, I can't see an upload date.

8. Night Prowler

Well maybe the remaining 3 hours are something new.

9. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Maybe the vinyl is new. And I wonder if he'll say something specific about re-recording old albums. Which first and does he involve "original" musicians as well, so they too can profit somewhat?

10. Night Prowler

He said he's open to inviting the original players, mentioned Adam, Greely and Barlow among others.

11. Forostar

Forostar Ancient Mariner

Excellent. In Adam's podcast (the best I've seen until now: recommended), he did not seem into the idea, but if he'd be involved himself, perhaps that makes a difference.

12. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

#MMDGA

Thank God someone else agrees with me. This vocalist ruins these songs, which weren't great to begin with. You give this album a full 25% more than me, so I'm glad you found something to like! Some of these tunes will get far, far better when re-recorded with Barlow on Days of Purgatory and Alive in Athens.

Listen to the Barlow versions, it'll earn that extra point.