Iced Earth

Anyway, I will keep following Sabaton's popularity. Who knows they take IE with them in Europe. ;)

Last edited:
Just listened to all of Carolus Rex twice through, I love it! I've decided to pick up the albums in reverse chronological order, which I've found works wonders for my enjoyment of most bands with more than a couple albums.

I'm excited to check them out on the IE tour.

Just listened to all of Carolus Rex twice through, I love it! I've decided to pick up the albums in reverse chronological order, which I've found works wonders for my enjoyment of most bands with more than a couple albums.

I'm excited to check them out on the IE tour.
You're in for a treat. They've made a bunch of great records, and I must say, are one of the best live acts I've ever seen.

Only video of the song I could find. Sound is really bad though, but the song sounds interesting.
+ Stu sings in his normal voice
+ They ditched the silly blue denim :D

@Night Prowler I think you'd like to know this: the new one is album of the month in Aardschok metal magazine (together with another album by the band Hell; first time I ever see they did 2 albums of the months; both have exactly the same average ratings: 8.0).

I can stand the vocals better than King Diamond's. (the band is reviewed as the bastard child of Mercyful Fate and Iron Maiden ;-)

Vocals are bit King Diamond-ish, yeah. His voice is a bit screechy, but sounds more like Halford than King. And a bit of Geddy Lee too.

Great show :D

Hahahaha :) Strong vocalist! (my wife says he sounds more like Geoff Tate)

I think he sounds the most like the singer of Jacob's Dream (who sounded like Tate but had an own element as well).

:shred:

Last edited:
1425726_607572065971090_1647133774_n.jpg

Didn't notice it at first, even though it was mentioned in multiple news articles:
Michael Poulsen (Volbeat), Russell Allen (Symphony X) and Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian) will appear on some songs :ok:

Yeah.

Stu, Jon, Michael Pouslen and Russell Allen sing on the final track, the cover "Highway Man" and Hansi sings along on 4 other songs.

Russell Allen's presence makes me so much more interested in a release I otherwise didn't really care about up til now. The Volbeat guy isn't too bad either.

Back