Iced Earth

It has a really cool cover, but then so did the last three albums... and musically, they weren't up to par with 90s Iced Earth.  They weren't bad, it's just that they weren't the unforgettable masterpieces that the albums from Night of the Stormrider to Something Wicked were.  I hope Schaffer is a bit more inspired in studio, since live the band really rocks.

As for the comments about the new singer... he said that about Ripper, he said it about Matt when he returned, and he'll probably say it for the new vocalist on the album after this.

Pretty much what he said. ^^

In the two previous albums I think Jon overdid it. Too much effort went into making some sort of Powerprog doube-epic when all we want is a good album. The story behind the 'Something Wicked' albums is a crap as well. Hopefully this new album isn't as OTT and Jon has focussed on making good music rather than stretching the limits of his (self-imagined I believe) genious.

My list of albums in the order I like them:

1. Night Of The Stormrider
2. The Dark Saga
3. Horror Show
4. Something Wicked This Way Comes
5. Framing Armageddon
6. Burnt Offerings
7. The Glorious Burden
8. The Crucible Of Man
9. Iced Earth

Btw. I love Something Wicked story, and I also think that it could be made into a great movie.

Black Wizard said:
The story behind the 'Something Wicked' albums is a crap as well.

This I don't agree with.  It's not so original, but it's got some interesting parallels (e.g. the bible) and I like how the ending is left to the listener.  Musically, the last two albums weren't amazing though they've got some good songs; in storytelling, I think Jon succeeded pretty well.  Compare that to The Glorious Burden (excluding Gettysburg), which is crap lyrically and musically not much better.

Atilla and Waterloo also have great lyrics. I love end of the world/invasion stories, so I really like Something Wicked story. So let's hope there is an Iced Earth fan among scriptwriters in Hollywood :D

Jon would probably change directors five times and it would take billions of years to even start filming (like The Hobbit) or he'd be the director and the lead actor would be a completely different person in the second film than in the first.

Night Prowler said:
Atilla and Waterloo also have great lyrics.

:huh:

Those sound like excerpts from a military history textbook written by a pretentious author.

Perun said:
Those sound like excerpts from a military history textbook written by a pretentious author.
I exagerrated - those are interesting but not great. At least are better than the ones for Hollow Man.

New album will also feature a re-recorded old song...Which one - I don't know - I asked Stu on Facebook, but he can't tell us yet.
Btw. he answers to almost all questions on his Facebook page if anyone wants to ask him something.

Iced Earth just finished their last show with Matt :( :( :( :( :( :goodbye:
Even though they say that he will never come back, I hope that he reunites with the band for at least one more show in the future :goodbye:

Yax said:
When a band plays the first stage the roadies can ready the second stage for the next act. That way you won't have to stand around and wait for 30 minutes.

This. Plus, Wacken actually has three main stages and an ever increasing number of side stages.

I think it looks silly. Would hate to be in front on the stage with no band playing on it while there's a band on the other one.

Sonisphere UK has a better set-up. The two main stages are at opposing ends of the arena and they alternate the same way Wacken does. It does create something of a bottle neck but everyone manages to get from one stage to the other safely.

Back