I need your guys' help.

[!--QuoteBegin-drifter+Mar 6 2004, 08:54 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(drifter @ Mar 6 2004, 08:54 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] isn't the point in a discussion to put different opinions across. just because i have a different opinion to you does that make me ignorant? no! i dont want to get anyone mad at me because of this but its my opinion isn't it. im not calling you retards or ignorant for backing up blaze and disagreeing with me so why do it to me? [/quote]
Drifter is right. He has stated his opinion in an open forum and you who disagree personally attacked him. Who is the "ignorant" one? I happen to think Blaze is horrible. He didn't fit the band. Regardless, Bruce is back, and Maiden is as good as ever.

Bye, Bye Blaze - Good Riddance.

You're free to speak your mind. And so am I. Your post, IMO, was ignorant. You said yourself that you haven't heard any of Blaze's solo work, still you refer to him as "the worst everything" (I'm not sure that was for Blaze but seemed so from your post). Go get a BLAZE album, listen to it, and come back here. The man surely is no retard. I get it, you don't like what Blaze did in maiden, and that's your opininion, fair,
but how does that make him a retard? Was he drooling on stage? Did he write songs called 'I liek milk!'? Did he go poking his fingers in every wall socket he came by? I think not. Had he done that, it would have been kinda retarded, tho...

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-Onhell+Mar 6 2004, 09:26 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Onhell @ Mar 6 2004, 09:26 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Defining Blaze as the 'savior' of Iron Maiden is mostly opinion, i believe it was Real World who said that any vocalist replacing Bruce could have been dubbed that. I think the Fact that Blaze only recorded to albums with maiden makes it clear he was only a temp. It would be better to do Maiden's Evolution and their influences at that time period (black sabbath's heaven and hell, released before maiden's first albums sounds a lot like early harris). The change in vocalists are sheddings of old skin and maturing into something greater. The Dianno albums were great, Bruce quickly overshadowed him because the band's (mainly steve's) writting improved dramatically. Blaze breathed new life into a dying band (this is mostly opinion), but like i said in my BNW post, Brave New World is their best work since their golden era and DOD reaffirmed that. In other words, go with their evolution. [/quote]
Nicely put.

[!--QuoteBegin-$yk0_H+Mar 6 2004, 09:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE($yk0_H @ Mar 6 2004, 09:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You're free to speak your mind. And so am I. Your post, IMO, was ignorant. You said yourself that you haven't heard any of Blaze's solo work, still you refer to him as "the worst everything" (I'm not sure that was for Blaze but seemed so from your post). Go get a BLAZE album, listen to it, and come back here. The man surely is no retard. I get it, you don't like what Blaze did in maiden, and that's your opininion, fair,
but how does that make him a retard? Was he drooling on stage? Did he write songs called 'I liek milk!'? Did he go poking his fingers in every wall socket he came by? I think not. Had he done that, it would have been kinda retarded, tho...

[!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
you make a good point but from some of the rants ive heard from him like one where a crowd memeber spat at him or something like that and he stopped in the middle of a song to shout f**king kill him about 2 billion times. im not sure where its from but if anyone knows which one im on about they must understand what some of my opinions are based around. and when i say "worst everything" i mean to do with maiden i think all other maiden albums are better than X factor and Virtual XI in all aspects.

Ahem. When I posted the ideas, that's exactly what they were. Ideas. I can see now that a Blaze idea was a bad one, and I apologize for posting that.

2 points. When Blaze was spat on it was Steve, I believe, who went off on the fan. And Steve himself thinks the X-Factor is up there with Seventh Son and Piece of Mind.

Having said that, I think we can consider that idea closed...what about the live album comparison?

Blaze was in my opinion very important for Maiden. Not only that The X Factor is one of their best albums, he also brought in necessary refreshment and a creative push. Another album in the vein of No Prayer for the Dying and Fear of the Dark with the feel of the band splitting up might have destroyed the band altogether. Not that those aren't good albums, they have some great songs, but they're clearly a decline form the eighties.

And, Blaze wasn't a temporary replacement for Bruce. He was the new Maiden singer, and it's pure coincidence he only made two albums with the band. It might have been three, four or even more.

[!--QuoteBegin-maiden_detroit+Mar 5 2004, 03:06 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(maiden_detroit @ Mar 5 2004, 03:06 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I tend to agree with drifter. Blaze was just a temporary stand-in, and by no means the "savior" of Iron Maiden. Steve Harris is the Father, Savior, and Spirit of Maiden.
I don't think any of you can disagree with that. I do believe songs Blaze worked on with maiden were good songs, but IM has been reborn with Bruce and Adrian back in the line-up. [/quote]
To bad that Harris didn't write much music on the last two albums exept for some lyrics. No I have to agree that Smith is the saviour and perhaps Janick to because he started to write some great songs.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 7 2004, 05:22 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 7 2004, 05:22 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] When Blaze was spat on it was Steve, I believe, who went off on the fan [/quote]
there is no way that is steve. i have the rant on my computer and i have an interview with steve. there is absolutly no way that is the same voice.

[!--QuoteBegin-LooseCannon+Mar 7 2004, 05:22 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(LooseCannon @ Mar 7 2004, 05:22 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Ahem.  When I posted the ideas, that's exactly what they were.  Ideas.  I can see now that a Blaze idea was a bad one, and I apologize for posting that.

2 points.  When Blaze was spat on it was Steve, I believe, who went off on the fan.  And Steve himself thinks the X-Factor is up there with Seventh Son and Piece of Mind.

Having said that, I think we can consider that idea closed...what about the live album comparison? [/quote]
I think when live, Maiden tend to play the songs too fast and ended up destroying the merit of a song(Flight of Icarus, 2 mins)If you listen to beast over hammersmith, the drummings kept the song at one tempo, at a slow tempo,
while RiR,Nicko plays the song a bit too fast.I think thats the difference between the live albums.I also think there are some more.......

[!--QuoteBegin-drifter+Mar 4 2004, 12:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(drifter @ Mar 4 2004, 12:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] WTF [!--emo&:eek:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ohmy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ohmy.gif\' /][!--endemo--] . no way! worst albums, worst singer, worst art work worst everything. apart from no prayer. aint heard any solo blaze but he is no where near as good as bruce. hardly any singer is a good as bruce at the moment.  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] that and blaze is a retard [/quote]
If you think the Blaze albums suck, then you've obviously never listened to them. To quote Lightbearer from the Iron Maiden BB, "The X Factor is a masterpice. A beautiful poem of darkness as I said before. An incredible album full of human emotions when lyrics and music blend together to create a dark album full of passion and despair."

and VXI is just cool [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

To be honest, as much as I didn't like Blaze singing Bruce's songs, I absolutely detest Bruce singing Blaze's song.

'The Clansman' is massacred on the Rock In Rio album and I loathe this screaming air-raid siren version. Listen to 'Sign Of The Cross' by sung Blaze on his live album, it's the best rendition that I've ever heard of it.

And it's true, the Maiden boys play sometimes to fast -- as if they were going to be late for the opening of the pub. I personally find it a disgrace (but it's only my opinion, as some may prefer it fast).

I didn't mind The Clansman by Bruce very much, but I think he slaughtered Sign of the Cross.

I think, that during the blaze era, the albums sounds are the downfall. And on the x-factor, the songs sound too slow and kind of like no one really wanted to play them. I personally prefer Bruce singing the clansman and sing of the cross, but blaze wasn't too bad. The studio version of sing of the cross is played so slow, that it destroys the atmosphere of an amazing song. And all the songs on x-factor sound so like each other. But, like no prayer for the dying, i havn't listened for this album that much. Maybe it will grow on me. I must add that i have started kinda like listening to this record just before i go to sleep. Then the songs sound much better, but still not close to the classics. And the other Blaze album, virtual XI is ok, but again i dont like the sounds. Couple of good songs there, like como estais amigos. That one is great. And as for Janick, i like some of his solo's (not all), and the songs that he has written are pretty damn good, so what's the point of bashing him? When he tries to remake Smiths solos his horrible. But with his own solos i think he's good!

[!--QuoteBegin-IndianaJones+Mar 7 2004, 07:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(IndianaJones @ Mar 7 2004, 07:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] And as for Janick, i like some of his solo's (not all), and the songs that he has written are pretty damn good, so what's the point of bashing him? When he tries to remake Smiths solos his horrible. But with his own solos i think he's good! [/quote]
I haven't heard too much bashing of Janick. I agree that he plays well and his songwriting is also great. The only thing I can't stand are his stupid, cheese-metal
antics on-stage. Like flipping his guitar around his back or playing over the top of the neck(of his guitar). What a DORK!

I think drifter should be allowed to statae his own opinion but he did state it all wrong. I dislike Blaze but some of the songs that are on the albums he took part in are good. I guess it was just because i like Bruce more.

[!--QuoteBegin-maiden_detroit+Mar 7 2004, 08:04 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(maiden_detroit @ Mar 7 2004, 08:04 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I haven't heard too much bashing of Janick. I agree that he plays well and his songwriting is also great. The only thing I can't stand are his stupid, cheese-metal
antics on-stage. Like flipping his guitar around his back or playing over the top of the neck(of his guitar). What a DORK! [/quote]
Well, I guess it's better than him standing and doing nothing.

I think Blaze was good for maiden they slightly became more darker as Ancient Mariner quoted " Maiden should have detuned the music lower"

Blaze has an awesome voice I really liked it and still do as i have all his Albums .... the songs he sang I think bruce lacks the edge on them and there is some songs that blaze's voice actually makes the songs better than bruce e.g Afraid to Shoot Strangers listen to Bruce's and the Blaze (IMO)... Another factor was maybe Janick Gers Dong some song writting at first he seemed to go more to the "Tattoed" hard rock riffs but listen to the songs he actually did with Blaze, and now with Harris no more stop start AC/DC type riffs he has kinda matured in that area as well...

But Blaze's are with Maiden i really enjoyed the cd's that Blaze did were actually better the NPFTD and FOTD..

Regarding live albums etc:

1. Tempos: I agree they play some songs a hair too fast, esp. 2 Minutes to Midnight and maybe even the Trooper. I think it's just the adrenaline of playing live that does it, though. Almost every band plays faster live than in a studio. I think Flight of Icarus sounds better at the faster Live After Death tempo than it did on Piece of Mind. It's also interesting to look at the song Iron Maiden - compare LAD to RiR, they actually play the middle part of the song slower nowadays.

2. Janick: I love what he does onstage. He makes the band more fun to watch.

3. Bruce singing Blaze songs: Of course Blaze sings these songs better, but would you prefer that Maiden never played the Blaze material anymore? I think Bruce has made an admirable effort to sing these songs in a way that combines respect for the original recording with his own style. I also think that Bruce is getting much better at singing the Clansman in particular. He was great on that song on the GMETID tour, much better than the BNW tour.

[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+Mar 7 2004, 10:47 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ Mar 7 2004, 10:47 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I think Blaze was good for maiden they slightly became more darker as Ancient Mariner quoted " Maiden should have detuned the music lower"

[/quote]
Maiden has been playing for 20+ years. A lot of these songs have been around as long. If Blaze couldn't change his pitch to match 20 year old songs, he had no business singing them. You don't drop the tuning in a song to match the singer. It changes the sound of the whole song. If you want NuMetal, listen to NuMetal.

[!--QuoteBegin-maiden_detroit+Mar 7 2004, 11:50 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(maiden_detroit @ Mar 7 2004, 11:50 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Maiden has been playing for 20+ years. A lot of these songs have been around as long. If Blaze couldn't change his pitch to match 20 year old songs, he had no business singing them. You don't drop the tuning in a song to match the singer. It changes the sound of the whole song. If you want NuMetal, listen to NuMetal. [/quote]
Good points.

Admittedly though, it's probably difficult to find a singer with the range of a Bruce Dickinson; Blaze had an equally melodic voice, but with a far lower register.

Priest lucked out by finding Tim "Ripper" Owens; he could practically hit Halford's notes while still retaining a powerful voice.

Makes me wonder if Robbo will be able to hit his own notes on this summer's Ozzfest.

As for Maiden live, I really like the early stuff (Live At The Rainbow, Beast Over Hammersmith). I like Arry's deeper bass sound of yore, and Clive's tom work is amazing!

Back