• 41-50

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • 51-60

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • +60

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
I'm too old to compare myself to Maiden albums, so here's one: I was born about one week before Jim Morrison died.

I used to have a Led Zeppelin bootleg which was recorded on my birthday (June 29, 1971). Zep played "Stairway", of course - but Zep IV wasn't released yet, so nobody knew the song. The audience reaction was amazing to hear: a few seconds of dead silence, trying to absorb "Stairway" when it was fresh and new ... then the clapping slowly starts ... and builds to a 5-minute ovation.

SinisterMinisterX said:
I'm too old to compare myself to Maiden albums, so here's one: I was born about one week before Jim Morrison died.
Likewise - but I was born within a  few weeks of Eddie Vedder being born.

As some people here, I am an old boring fart!
old-5ab.gif

I started with Maiden in 1981 with Killers. I never stopped buying records and collecting articles, reviews and magazines. My house is full of an amazing amount of rock music related bric-a-brac. My kids and especially my son (who turned 7 last month) is fond of Eddie and starts enjoying one Maiden album now and then. Thet also came to know my other heros, Robert Plant and Motörhead...
;)

I'm 41 years YOUNG........I had the GREAT fortune to grow up with not only great '70's rock, but all of the early and late '80s too!  And it is great to see that the majority percentage of fans on this board are 14 to 17!!!!!    that blows my fucking mind!!!  UP THE FUCKING IRONS!!!!!    i even have a Maiden Tatoo that I am going to upload here as soon as I can.

Fun facts: I first listened to Maiden when I was about 5. I didn't know it was Maiden, of course, but I asked my cousin to show me how to listen to music on his computer, and I used to listen to Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time. About seven years later someone I was travelling with played Seventh Son in his car. That's when I became a real Maiden fan. It's really calming to hear that familiar voice from my childhood. :)

spidey99 said:
I'm almost 44,  :eek:  Now all you guys are making me feel old.  But then again, I discovered Maiden a few months before Number of the Beast came out, while I was in High School.  Great to see them still going at it...and that I'm still going at it as well.  :edmetal:
No need to feel old, I felt sad and old as I approached 30. However, I'm proud to be alive, still rocking, and I'm glad to see them still jamming and I will see them again as long as they're still around.  :edmetal:

Back