How much are you willing to pay for the ticket to the final Iron Maiden gig?

• 50 EUR / 54 $

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • 100 EUR (108 $)

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • 200 EUR (216 $)

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • 300 EUR (324 $)

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • 400 EUR (432 $)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 EUR (540 $)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • 600 EUR (648 $)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 700 EUR (755 $) and above

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Spambot

Meme Lord
This is the scenario.

Iron Maiden announces a tour. They don't say it, but it's their last ever. I know it, you know it, they know it. Coincidentally, the last date of the last tour ever is somewhere close to you: it may be in Europe, N. America, S. America, whatever. The point is: the final gig is a place where you already saw Iron Maiden or it's close. Moreso, travel and accommodation costs are the same as they were last time, whether you travel by plane, train or bus and whether you stay at a hotel or a sleepover at a friend's house. So, any money you plan to spend on travel and accommodation - it's not an amount you haven't spent on Iron Maiden already, or you're uncomfortable with. Furthermore, you can't go to any other gig. Travel/accommodation costs will be higher and ticket prices aren't that much lower.

Also, you have no idea what this tour will be about. They just announce some generic title (like Legacy of the Beast) and in their blurbs, Steve, Rod, and Bruce don't offer a single song. So it can be greatest hits, usual suspects with a couple of curveballs, or something completely unexpected. You have no clue. The first date is months away and tickets go on sale next week.

There is an e-mail lottery and you've won. In the e-mail you get, you also see ticket prices. It's a bit more than you expected (whether it's seating or standing - your choice). But, it's the last Iron Maiden gig ever. And you have a chance to buy it on time (because once it goes on general sale it'll be sold out in minutes). You have a week to gather the money.

Wow, 50-70€, pretty cheap. I paid for Maiden last year' show at Krakow around 70€. This year's Bruce show in Tallinn is 70-80€. So for me, I'm definetly willing to pay at 300€ if it is their last show.

They believe because it's the first gig with Portnoy people are going to come from all over the world. I'll wait until the last minute and if it goes ahead in O2 and is not transfered to something like the Wembley (due to low ticket sales), I might go for one of the cheaper ones. They might even put them on offer, like a 2 for 1 kind of thing. Otherwise it's a pass from me.

I'd go to see the tour absolutely, but I wouldn't pay over the odds to be at the actual final gig. You've no guarantee it will actually be the final gig, so therefore you're left hoping they will never reform otherwise you've pissed money away.

They believe because it's the first gig with Portnoy people are going to come from all over the world. I'll wait until the last minute and if it goes ahead in O2 and is not transfered to something like the Wembley (due to low ticket sales), I might go for one of the cheaper ones. They might even put them on offer, like a 2 for 1 kind of thing. Otherwise it's a pass from me.
Hard pass for me. Luckily I can’t see Maiden pulling something like this.

Back