How much are you willing to pay for the ticket to the final Iron Maiden gig?

How much are you willing to pay for the ticket to the final Iron Maiden gig?

• 50 EUR / 54 $

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 100 EUR (108 $)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 200 EUR (216 $)

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 300 EUR (324 $)

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 400 EUR (432 $)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 500 EUR (540 $)

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 600 EUR (648 $)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 700 EUR (755 $) and above

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I have to say, Maiden tickets for the uk have been quite reasonably priced for a very long time now, at least in regard to what other bands charge. Last year I had decent seats at the O2 for the the future past tour and including fees/charges I think the tickets worked out around £85 in total.

I personally think that’s very reasonable. Having said that the recent Judas Priest concert at Wembley I paid roughly the same but got more value for money as I saw three top drawer bands that I’ve previously paid to see on their own tours.

I hear people whinge and moan all the time about concert prices and yes I do come across some gigs I think are taking the pee but most gigs I find that prices are reasonable in todays world with the cost of living and everything in general going up in price.

Maybe that’s because I don’t go to gigs as much as I used too so I’m not always buying tickets so the odd gig that’s a bit more expensive than in the past doesn’t bother me.

To answer the OP question I’d be willing to pay at least 3 times what I usually pay for a maiden ticket so around £250+ if it’s their final tour. That’s because I believe Maiden have more integrity than most bands and if they ever did announce a last tour I believe it would be the last and I wouldn’t want to regret not seeing them one last time.

I put $324, but without knowing the setlist or stage production being used, I might be willing to go higher if it's exceptional. If their very last show is just, say, the same set/setlist as the Legacy tour, I'd probably not even bother going. If it's a wild "we'll pull out all the stops, Paul and Blaze and Thunderstick are doing an encore and we'll play songs like Infinite Dreams and Judas My Guide and Lonliness of the Long Distance Runner and Juanita," then I'd probably pay a grand for lawn tickets.

I put €500/$540.

A while ago, I shelled out an ungodly amount of money to catch both the WWE Smackdown and WWE Bash in Berlin shows in Germany come August. I will not take any further questions and comments, thank you.

I wanted to put 200 euros, but I bet emotions would probably overcome my judgment, and I'd pay 300, no more. The only reason I wouldn't pay higher is that I've seen them 13 times. And that's one of the reasons why I consider myself lucky "choosing" Maiden as my favorite band - they're really a hardworking band.
I don't want to say there's no demand, because there is, but if you tour every year or two, it's not going to create a frenzy when the tour is announced and consequently, ticket prices aren't going to be abnormal. Some other bands their age (and sometimes younger) tour less frequently and cover a lot less ground geographically, so when a tour is announced, of course a promoter is going to sense high demand and jack up the prices. Even today, Maiden have reached the spot where they could take the easy road, tour less and only in selected cities or (hopefully not) do a residence, but they have been pretty consistent I have to say I respect them for that.

I know this is a tiny bit of sample from their fan base, but just look at the results of the poll.
If they put ticket price 700 euros/755 dollars, four people would buy, which would gain 2800 euro/3020.
If they put ticket price 50 euros/54 dollars, 33 people would buy (considering people who would pay higher prices would also go) which would gain 1650 euros/1782 dollar or around 42% less.

If they do tour Europe next summer, I bet a standing ticket will be around 100 euro, and it is expensive.
But considering how tickets for everything else costs, I say we're good.

Oh, and in case Rod is reading this: where the hell is my signed picture, I've been waiting for it since bloody 2007?!?!?!

One of the big reasons I hate ticket prices going up is that, for me, if I want someone to go with my like my wife or son, I'm usually paying for them. So it ends up being 700-800 dollars for a couple of folks not including travel and hotel if I'm staying overnight. And Maiden only comes to places that are 3-5 hours away from me any more so it's a struggle.

Back