History of Iron Maiden Part 4...

Maiden England 2014 is the laziest thing they have ever done. At least Legacy of the Beast 2020 covers continents they haven't visited yet and the European leg is about taking a step up to become a stadium band in some countries.
Definitely, if the European tour 2020 succeed (and everything shows so) there'll be more stadium-size dates all over there - France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Greece, Finland, England, Holland, Spain, Poland, Czech, Hungary, Bulgaria maybe Italy - just for example. The only territory with poor sales is Russia now :)

Maiden have obviously given up on DVDs. There was none for TBOS live Chapter, and they put all their documentaries on their YouTube channel.

It's a shame. I wish they'd been quicker with the history DVD releases, not milking the classics tour cow that much, but we'll have to live with it.
This. I will still never understand the whole Maiden England tour. 3 years? I felt they could have released a Part 4 DVD in 2014 as a bridge between the Maiden England Tour and new album. Then they could have done a more generic greatest hits set in 2014 linked in with songs from the 80s and 90s. They could have played Tailgunner (rehearsed in 1999), Man on the Edge, Clansman, BQOBD and deeper cuts from the 80s. The 2014 tour was a bit of a waste IMO.

It's society that have given up on DVD's not Maiden.

Luckily the reissues of the CD albums proves that there's obviously some sort of market still there for the physical release of albums.

They could have played Tailgunner (rehearsed in 1999)

Is this true? If yes, can I ask you for a source?

It will not be a surprise since the song is included in the Ed Hunter compilation album along with BQOBD (which is not performed live since 1993/Tailgunner since 1992). If I'm not mistaken, Bruce played BQOBD in a show with Roy Z back in 2005.

Edit: These are the only two songs from the Ed Hunter compilation album that were not played live during The Ed Hunter tour.

Last edited:
Is this true? If yes, can I ask you for a source?

It will not be a surprise since the song is included in the Ed Hunter compilation album along with BQOBD (which is not performed live since 1993/Tailgunner since 1992). If I'm not mistaken, Bruce played BQOBD in a show with Roy Z back in 2005.

Edit: These are the only two songs from the Ed Hunter compilation album that were not played live during The Ed Hunter tour.
I don’t remember the exact quote but I remember a discussion on the old IMBB about it back in the day. They were also discussing the possibility of MOTE and ATSS being rehearsed for the GMETID tour.

Tried and failed to get a scoop on History of Iron Maiden Part 4 the other day. Blaze was doing a video Q&A on FB or Insta, so naturally I asked if he'd been interviewed by the Maiden camp for History of Iron Maiden Pt 4, but was buried under a barrage of inane "Hi's," "come to _______" and whatnot. I tried three times to fit it in when there seemed to be a lull, but he either missed them or chose to not answer.

If he had been interviewed, it might have given a clue if Part 4 was still in the works, but...oh well. I did ask if he would do a live album from his Maiden 25 setlist, but he said he was only interested in live albums that primarily featured his solo stuff, which I get.

Back