Historical Figures 20 Questions

Don't sweat it, wasted. I'm really just looking for excuses to say "don't underestimate..." as often as I can. :bigsmile:

And it's entirely possible that LC has a life off this forum. In fact, it's quite likely that this thread will eventually slow down to just a few questions/answers per day.

SinisterMinisterX said:
Don't sweat it, wasted. I'm really just looking for excuses to say "don't underestimate..." as often as I can. :bigsmile:

Thanks man, I do dig it!
SinisterMinisterX said:
And it's entirely possible that LC has a life off this forum. In fact, it's quite likely that this thread will eventually slow down to just a few questions/answers per day.

Now, thats just madness, 'a life off this forum'! :lol:

Yeah, most of these topics, especially the 'madness' ones seem to do that.  (running off to post in ABC's of rock)

Wasted155 said:
Was this person born on/after Jan 1, 1000 AD?

Yes, this person was born on/after Jan 1, 1000 AD.

Now, normally I am on the forum when I'm at a computer.  Last night I wasn't.  At work I check quite religiously and will do so today.

Tally-ho, folks.

LooseCannon said:
Yes, this person was born on/after Jan 1, 1000 AD.

Now, normally I am on the forum when I'm at a computer.  Last night I wasn't.  At work I check quite religiously and will do so today.

Tally-ho, folks.

I was just giving you the business!  :D

So:

1.  Not a male politician (but could be male or politician, but not both)
2.  Not a lawyer/judge/legal/law profession
3.  Born after Jan 1, 1000 AD

4.  Was this person a ruler? (not a measuring stick, but a leader of his country/state, etc.)

Wasted155 said:
4.  Was this person a ruler? (not a measuring stick, but a leader of his country/state, etc.)

4.  This person was not a head of state.  Freebie: this person was not a measuring stick.

I just realized that 1780 isn't the best year to choose. Let's say I'm trying to minimize the options.
I could ask a bigger period but then it still would be vague.
I could also ask a smaller period but then the chance that the answer is yes is smaller.

*military drum march swells up*

Actually, you want to include something like this:

"Does this person's term of military service fall between 1780 and 1945?", otherwise I'm well within my rights to interpret your previous question however I want.

Yes but not necessarily his/her whole service. At least one day of the service must fall in this period:

01-01-1780 til 31-12-1945 (31 Dec. included).

Is this person best known for their military achievements?

Forostar said:
Was the person an artist (in the broadest sense: poet, writer, painter, actor, director etc.)?

9. No.  To answer the question how it should have been asked, the person's primary contribution to history is not in the cultural field.

Back