Hints collection thread for 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Deja Vu and I actually think it would work as an opener (despite DOFP being the more obvious choice).

And this is the 5th song that I could see modern Maiden pulling off.
What about ''Sea Of Madness''? ''Deja-Vu'' will be a great live song and energetic and fast concert opener, but I'll miss Dave's intro.

They will have to start ''Days Of Future Past'' from the riff.

Steve:

"We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them..."

This screams Alexander. So, I think WY, HCW, SIASL and ATG are 4 tracks from SIT for sure.

Judging by that tweet, they will drop first three Senjutsu songs, but, as someone posted, there's a WOTW hint in the promo video.
"will feature previously unperformed songs" doesn't mean ONLY

WOTW is in the promo video, so thats a certainty.
Stratego is likely safe too, released as a single, and a fairly short song.
Senjutsu I'm not sure, it is a title track, but it's very slow/long and I don't think had a brilliant reception on this leg. Plus they always talked about how great it would be to open a show with. They aren't likely to repeat that imo.

What about ''Sea Of Madness''? ''Deja-Vu'' will be a great live song and energetic and fast concert opener, but I'll miss Dave's intro.

They will have to start ''Days Of Future Past'' from the riff.

Sea Of Madness would work too...

But all that, I'd say it's a very safe bet that they will open with DOFP.

F* my old boots, I understood!
Judging by promo art they will play a song from the most beloved Iron Maiden album, an all time classic and a masterpiece genius of work When Two Worlds Collide. Just look at the ruined city above Eddie's head and... a planet! :ninja:

A lot of people saying CSiT is a bridge too far for the band because of how slow Aces High was this year. I don't think CSiT poses the same physical challenges as Aces High. It's not as fast (although it is longer).

Aces High is a cakewalk compared to CSIT as far as drums go. Just listen to the bass drum work and for how long it goes. CSIT is probably one of their most challenging songs in the whole discography.

Without the Padonga stage set and indicating that they'll open the show in a very different way than this year, it's quite hard to see where they'd play Senjutsu; sure, a lot of people felt that it isn't on a ideal spot as a opener in the first place, but assuming that the set will have a handful of longer, epic songs like Hell on Earth, possibly The Parchment and Alexander the Great, I'm rather skeptical about Senjutsu being included. It's simply hard to see where it would sit comfortably. Of course, I might be wrong.
You could be right (especially without the Pagodas stage). And after all their ''goal'' was to play it as a concert opener. It would be odd though.
Steve:

"We have had lots of requests from fans over the years for many tracks on it so we are now going to play them..."

This screams Alexander.
100%.
"will feature previously unperformed songs" doesn't mean ONLY
^ Exactly.
Sea Of Madness would work too...

But all that, I'd say it's a very safe bet that they will open with DOFP.
I bet on DOFP or CSIT.

I think Sea Of Madness has a bigger chance (it's an easy song and will be a throwback moment to the original toru) than Deja-Vu (no solos), but if they don't play HCW (because of the fans backstage), I think both can be played (or only one, if they play CSIT) along with Wasted Years, SIASL and ATG.
F* my old boots, I understood!
Judging by promo art they will play a song from the most beloved Iron Maiden album, an all time classic and a masterpiece genius of work When Two Worlds Collide. Just look at the ruined city above Eddie's head and... a planet! :ninja:
Bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back