HammerFall

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
One of the best heavy metal bands out there ! I think they are kinda underrated, but they deserve a huge respect, because they helped for the rebirth of the heavy metal in the late 90's.

I really like them, very strong, solid band and a fave of mine - they are the best metal band from the new generation. I always have thought of them as a fusion between Accept and Helloween.

Joacim Cans is one of my favorite vocalists - very high and melodic voice. They are very melodic band and I'm a big fan of that. They have so many great songs and albums - their first four albums are all classics. My favorite album is Crimson Thunder 2002, fantastic album from start to finish and for sure is their best album ! Favorite song is of course, ''Hearts On Fire''. And they have fantastic album covers too. :)

Last edited:
This is one of their best songs and it was put on a compilation album.... :blink: Well at least it became a concert staple. Top 5, no, top 3 Hammerfall song for me, for sure ! Fantastic guitar solo and chorus - it's up there with HOF.

Last edited:
I mean, iryo... but it also baffles me. That might be the cheesiest song ever. But not a good cheese like gouda, more like that nasty moldy blue cheese :p

I mean, iryo... but it also baffles me. That might be the cheesiest song ever. But not a good cheese like gouda, more like that nasty moldy blue cheese :p

Oh, ok. This song is in my top 10 favorite songs ever. :p

What's your opinion on the song Last Man Standing then ?

It's OK. There's only a few songs of theirs that I like past the debut and I haven't listened to HammerFall at all since the concert in 2011 anyway.

Absolutely cracking band!

I remember when the debut album came out and it really was a massive shot in the arm for traditional heavy metal. I’ve seen them live a few times and they have always delivered. Great band

Crimson Thunder is one of those albums that really bring back memories for me - I played it a lot around the time I formed my first real band and a lot of good stuff happened. Ah, the magic of music.

I don't know if I'd rank it as their best effort, and "Hearts on Fire" is definitely not the best song on it, but it's still good fun.
I haven't listened to any new HammerFall-album in full since Infected, but I do dust off the older ones and give them a spin from time to time.

Crimson Thunder is one of those albums that really bring back memories for me - I played it a lot around the time I formed my first real band and a lot of good stuff happened. Ah, the magic of music.

I don't know if I'd rank it as their best effort, and "Hearts on Fire" is definitely not the best song on it, but it's still good fun.
I haven't listened to any new HammerFall-album in full since Infected, but I do dust off the older ones and give them a spin from time to time.

Try their most recent album - Built To Last 2016. I think it is a good album. :ok:

Also, their album from 2014 - (r)Evolution has a couple of very good songs. Infected was a weak album though.

Back