Guitarist Thread

Heh, yeah, I have a lot of trouble with the galloping on the trooper, run to the hills, ect. I just half ass it most of the times and it sounds like crap, but oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting a new amp for Christmas, under $1000 CDN. Any suggestions?

I have no idea how I practiced it, It just came to me after a couple of runs on the trooper long ago...

I have played only for a year and I have two guitars:
Unto Kukka's Acoustic and Falcon Stratocaster Copy.

[!--QuoteBegin-T-Virus+May 15 2005, 05:14 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(T-Virus @ May 15 2005, 05:14 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Heh, yeah, I have a lot of trouble with the galloping on the trooper, run to the hills, ect. I just half ass it most of the times and it sounds like crap, but oh well.

I'm looking forward to getting a new amp for Christmas, under $1000 CDN. Any suggestions?
[snapback]104646[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Galloping comes with time, and by practicing. You must follow the rythm and be "quick". That's all.
Btw, The Trooper and Run to the Hills are the easiest songs to play, so you don't have to put in your mind that it's "impossible". Try to motivate yourself... you know what I mean ?

As for your amplifier, I'd suggest a Marshall amp, or a Fender one.
You can easily find under 1000 US$.

Cheers

For Iron_Beast
I've only heard two songs ; The Number of the Beast and Run to the Hills

For the first one, it isn't that bad. Try to follow the rythm and play just a bit faster. Finally, lower the tone. It's TOOO high... it mixes up the notes ; the sound isn't clear.

As for the second one. It's ok. Only that Steve once said, " the key to play this song correctly, is to gallop...gallop... and gallop". So, the only thing you've got to do is gallopping.
Btw, the drums are bad, and their sound is too high. And we can't hear the vocals.

Anyway, a general advice, just pratice.

Cheers

I play geeeetar. I have:
Fender American strat
Fender fat strat
Kramer striker
Yamaha BB300 bass

My tunes are linked below. A few Maiden covers there also.

tnob was recorded with a mic, hehe. And the videos: a crappy digital camera... [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I've got a mixtable now, 16 channel. Needs a cable, then the band can start studiorecording. I'm practicing every day, so the galloping comes soon i hope. But not so very easy when the bass player plays slow...Tried my new Gibson Les Paul now, bought it from something like ebay. Came today. I am a happy boy [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+May 15 2005, 08:49 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ May 15 2005, 08:49 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Tried my new Gibson Les Paul now, bought it from something like ebay. Came today. I am  a happy boy [!--emo&:rolleyes:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/rolleyes.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'rolleyes.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]104657[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Can I ask you sumthin'? I'm happy for you and everything, And it's great that you got it, Congratz, But man, You've been playin' for two years, You have a vintage fender and an ibanez, and an epiphone SG, was the Les paul really neccesary at this point?!

What's wrong with having a lot of guitars even if he has only played 2 years? I have a lot of guitars. Then again, I've been playing a long time...

With all due respect... He's young, Not experienced, and it's not like he's a wonderboy with a career, he's not a professional musician, And I don't see why he needs another guitar... That money can go to more significent places.

[!--QuoteBegin-Nobby+May 21 2005, 12:23 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Nobby @ May 21 2005, 12:23 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]With all due respect... He's young, Not experienced, and it's not like he's a wonderboy with a career, he's not a professional musician, And I don't see why he needs another guitar... That money can go to more significent places.
[snapback]105125[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree now.

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 1 2005, 06:34 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 1 2005, 06:34 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Is that really so strange? After all, I've named my bass Scrotum. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]103352[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I should name my SG 'Tits'!!!!

I bought the Gibson because i have used my Fender in 2 years now. the ibanez is something my dad used for 20 years ago. And the epiphone is a guitar i have with my mum when i am there. the fender have the volume and tone controls f****d up..
put a solo thing in the website...demos->marius solo...

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+May 24 2005, 10:35 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ May 24 2005, 10:35 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I bought the Gibson because i have used my Fender in 2 years now. the ibanez is something my dad used for 20 years ago. And the epiphone is a guitar i have with my mum when i am there. the fender have the volume and tone controls f****d up..
put a solo thing in the website...demos->marius solo...
[snapback]105481[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Still would be cheaper to fix up the fender...
And so what if the ibanez is 20 years old? If it's maintenanced then it should be even better.

I'm sorry I just do see a real reason to buy a les paul...

It's more heavy sound in a les paul humbucker then a stratocaster singlecoil. [!--emo&:eww:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ed_barf[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ed_barf[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-iron_beast+May 27 2005, 12:20 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(iron_beast @ May 27 2005, 12:20 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]It's more heavy sound in a Les Paul humbucker then a stratocaster singlecoil. [!--emo&:eww:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/ed_barf[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'ed_barf[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
[snapback]105715[/snapback]​
[/quote]

No Shit Sherlock...
It's called fat tone...
Anyways, You could've put on a minihumbucker like I did or like...
I dunno but it's just not neccesary for u at this point...
But forget it we've been thru this...

Let's carry on...

Well, it's logical that humbucking pickups do have a better sound than single coil pickups (it's at 90% true, because you can find some very powerful single coil pickups).
Anyway, when you're comparing Gibson to a single coil Fender Stratocaster guitar, the first one will have a better sound.

Cheers

[!--QuoteBegin-7th Death of a 7th Death+May 27 2005, 08:58 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(7th Death of a 7th Death @ May 27 2005, 08:58 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]Well, it's logical that humbucking pickups do have a better sound than single coil pickups (it's at 90% true, because you can find some very powerful single coil pickups).
Anyway, when you're comparing Gibson to a single coil Fender Stratocaster guitar, the first one will have a better sound.

Cheers
[snapback]105755[/snapback]​
[/quote]

That's true if your loking for a high output high gain sound.
If you're looking for a smoother sound the single coill will do it.

Can u check my Run to the Hills Studio. if I have got the "gallopping" right now.. [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
In demos

[a href=\'http://heavy.snowfall.bolsoya.no\' target=\'_blank\']http://heavy.snowfall.bolsoya.no[/a]

Back