8 ) The Talisman
Gers - 5:56/6:42

9) The Man Who Would Be King
Murray - 4:00/

10) When The Wild Wind Blows
Smith - 4:43/5:03
Murray - 5:23/5:43
Gers - 8:40/9:04

In case the list is correct -likely- I don't like the distribution of solos, Janick is put aside.
By the way I wonder if ever Adrian shared a solo with Janick only, without Dave. Surely they aren't the best friends those two!

I think theres possibly a few mistakes here I don't remember murray soloing before smith on isle of avalon. I need to listen to it again though.

I don't know whether its the quality or the mix but i think the guitar solos are quite hard to hear.

Babo 91 said:
I think theres possibly a few mistakes here I don't remember murray soloing before smith on isle of avalon. I need to listen to it again though.

I don't know whether its the quality or the mix but i think the guitar solos are quite hard to hear.

The production does let the guitars down on this album. Even then, the solo's lack inspiration compared to other ones 'HBTN', 'Blood Brothers' etc.

Galvanise_ said:
The production does let the guitars down on this album. Even then, the solo's lack inspiration compared to other ones 'HBTN', 'Blood Brothers' etc.

Eh, I kinda disagree, were you listening to the same exploratory slightly psychedelic solos in the latter half of the album that I was? They're different, and while I agree about the production, but I don't think the solos in Isle of Avalon, Starblind or The Talisman lack inspiration at all.

Galvanise_ said:

True about the production, yet I find that most of the solos go very well with the songs.
Unlikely the other reunion Maiden albums, here the bulk of the songs are not built to promote the solos; the solos are rather fitted in the (riff) structure of the songs.
IMO this was made completely intentionally, which explains your remark about the production.
A completely new approach to Maiden songwriting.

LordMaiden said:
The solos blend in with the album rather than stand apart which makes this album so unique and great.

@LM ; Since earlier in some other threads, I've noticed we agreed in many things about Maiden music. Also yesterday I noticed and liked some of your posts in the crazy thread.
You got registered early this month, so that's why I didn't had notice you. Anyway welcome !!

Will-I-Am said:
@LM ; Since earlier in some other threads, I've noticed we agreed in many things about Maiden music. Also yesterday I noticed and liked some of your posts in the crazy thread.
You got registered early this month, so that's why I didn't had notice you. Anyway welcome !!

Thank you!

Yeah, I noticed we seem to be on the same page with this. I can't stop listening to this thing, man. It is so awesome. And I can't wait for the CD next week!

I actually like the solos a lot. A lot of H's solos, which is good. His tone is un-mistakable and is bloody damn good.

AMOLAD was by far Maiden's worst album for solos. Dave in particular I think has gone way downhill with his solos over the years and they all sound very samey now. TFF is a real improvement on the quality of solos and a lot of them stand out. Having said what I did about Dave's solos, it's nice to hear an album with Janick taking a back seat a bit in songwriting and solos. Adrian Smith is the man on this record and it's all the better because of that.

I've noticed Gers is perfect for the little touches, which I think make this album stand out. Put on some headphones and really listen.

Edu_Smith said:
1) Satellite 15...The Final frontier
Smith - 6:31/6:53
Murray - 6:53/7:14

2) El Dorado
Smith - 3:41/3:53
Murray - 3:53/4:05
Gers - 4:06/4:22

3) Mother of Mercy
Smith - 2:54/3:12

4) Coming Home
Murray - 3:34/3:58
Smith - 3:59/4:24

5) The Alchemist
Gers - 3:05/3:35

6) Isle of Avalon
Murray - 3:49/4:14

7) Starblind
( solos  1:59/3:38 - Smith)
Smith - 4:15/4:42
Murray - 4:43/5:03
Smith - 5:48/6:03

8 ) The Talisman
Gers - 5:56/6:42

9) The Man Who Would Be King
Murray - 4:00/

10) When The Wild Wind Blows
Murray - 5:23/5:43
Gers - 8:40/9:04
All solo work is Adrian's for Isle of Avalon  I can see how one might think that first portion is Davey but it's not...                           

Forostar said:
There is also room to do this in the topic of that particular song. Choice enough, I'd say.
And it's just as appropriate to do it in here.

I'm also pretty damn certain it's only two solos. Gers' lead tone is very different to that of the other two, due to both amp/settings/etc and the way his fingers works the fretboard and how he strikes the pick. I'm positive there's no Gers in this song. Same tone throughout the first solo and it sounds like H.

Back