Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1. Tuesday, approximately 01:48
Clue #2. The song has been played live in concert. Tuesday in the previous clue means that there is historic date and reference associated with the date. This year that day on that particular date was tuesday.

Incorrect guesses: Phantom Of The Opera, 2AM

When The Wild Wind Blows
Tailgunner
Nope to both.

Clue #2. The song has been played live in concert. Tuesday in the previous clue means that there is historic date and reference associated with the date. This year that day on that particular date was tuesday.
Clue #3. Some shuffled letters might shed light: "Whitebeards of charm ee". Another date that is linked: 27.06.1980

Incorrect guesses: Phantom Of The Opera, 2AM, When The Wild Wind Blows, Tailgunner

Last edited:
It's also an anagram for "Ides Of March Wheat Beer", but that doesn't get us anywhere either.

Let's say The Ides Of March anyway.

It's also an anagram for "Ides Of March Wheat Beer", but that doesn't get us anywhere either.

Let's say The Ides Of March anyway.
You're correct and now it's your turn.

The expression 'Beware the Ides of March' derives from the historical fact that Julius Caesar was murdered by a group of Roman senators on the Ides of March (the 15th), 44 BC.

15.03.2022 was tuesday. 15th of march is the date for "The Ides Of March". The song lasts around 01:48 on the UK lp-label, I didn't check all the different pressings I have on cd/lp.

If the setlists.com pages claim is true, Ides Of March was only once played live in Ruskin Arms, London on october 5th 1979. I have recording of that show.
Other times when it was played, the tape was used.

Clue #3. Some shuffled letters might shed light: "Whitebeards of charm ee". Another date that is linked: 27.06.1980
If we take the letters from "Whitebeards of charm ee" and arrange them again, you can get the title "Beware The Ides Of March".

27.06.1980 is the date when Samson released their second album "Head On", and the album features instrumental song "Thunderburst". The instrumental "Thunderburst" is credited as co-written by Steve Harris. The track is in fact a version of "The Ides of March", an early Iron Maiden song written during the brief time in 1977 in which Thunderstick was in Iron Maiden. Iron Maiden released their own version on the Iron Maiden album Killers the next year, though Steve Harris credited the song solely to himself, annoying the members of Samson.

You're correct and now it's your turn.
Well, I didn’t see that one coming! Now I know that “wheat beer” is also an anagram for “beware the”. Shows where my brain was at. I feel like the “E.T. takes one to know one” lady from Wheel Of Fortune.

Anyway, I’m going to need to ponder this for a bit before I post a clue. Probably later tonight.

Clue #1:
feb356704af86237355d14a5aadbe09c.gif

Back