Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

Clue #1: "I think this line's mostly filler"
Clue #2: Joey Tempest has the same objective
Clue #3: in tribute to Máthair
Clue #4: beyond the Sea of Madness
Clue #5: the actual Spice Girls
Clue #6: unlike at the Iron Hill
Clue #7:

Incorrect guesses: The Apparition/ The Assassin/ Paschendale/ The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner/ Coming Home/ Look For the Truth/ Mother of Mercy/ Mother Russia/ The Final Frontier/When The River Runs Deep/ The Great Unknown/ Empire of the Clouds/ Alexander The Great/ To Tame A Land/ The Talisman/ Invaders/ Childhood's End/ Space Truckin'

Clue #7:
Clue #8: “Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.”

Incorrect guesses: The Apparition/ The Assassin/ Paschendale/ The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner/ Coming Home/ Look For the Truth/ Mother of Mercy/ Mother Russia/ The Final Frontier/When The River Runs Deep/ The Great Unknown/ Empire of the Clouds/ Alexander The Great/ To Tame A Land/ The Talisman/ Invaders/ Childhood's End/ Space Truckin'/ Flight of Icarus/ The Clansman/ The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Clue #7:
Clue #8: “Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.”
Clue #9: a song of experience and innocence

Incorrect guesses: The Apparition/ The Assassin/ Paschendale/ The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner/ Coming Home/ Look For the Truth/ Mother of Mercy/ Mother Russia/ The Final Frontier/When The River Runs Deep/ The Great Unknown/ Empire of the Clouds/ Alexander The Great/ To Tame A Land/ The Talisman/ Invaders/ Childhood's End/ Space Truckin'/ Flight of Icarus/ The Clansman/ The Thin Line Between Love and Hate/ Hocus Pocus/ Dance of Death

The Educated Fool
Winner! :)

Clue #1: "I think this line's mostly filler" > a line of Buffy's "Once More With Feeling" episode, in the song "Walk Through the Fire" ("I want to walk right into the fire")
Clue #2: Joey Tempest has the same objective > reference to Europe's "No Stone Unturned" ("I want to lift the unturned stone")
Clue #3: in tribute to Máthair > the Irish band U2's first single "I Will Follow" whose lyrics were written in tribute to Bono's mother ("Time will flow/ and I will follow")
Clue #4: beyond the Sea of Madness > "Maybe tonight somebody's crying/reached the point of no return" (in "Sea of Madness")... and this song goes further: "I want to pass the point of no return"
Clue #5: the actual Spice Girls > "Do you really ("actual") wanna be " (the Spice Girls' first hit)
Clue #6: unlike at the Iron Hill > Blind Guardian's "Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill") as opposed to "Time will flow"
Clue #7:
> this one works in two ways: the prince's lover boasts being knowledgeable in the art of war though he hasn't got any experience (=educated fool) + before throwing him out of the window, the kings asks him "what to do about this situation" // "So I don't know what it is I'm supposed to do /About this awkward situation"
Clue #8: “Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.” > the first sentence of Dickens's David Copperfield ("Open the page at chapter one")
Clue #9: a song of experience and innocence = an educated fool has no experience but is often innocent enough to believe themselves qualified

Last edited:
Give me some time to think of something good; if I don't respond within 12 hours then anyone is welcome to take the turn.

Back